Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Return to Forum  

Okay, it's not just me!

June 5 2011 at 6:21 AM
Kim  (Login KimAB)
The Frugalista Files

Response to On work clothes OR How casual is 'business casual"

It is just a local thing. I was in a bank about a year ago setting up an investment through work and the girl at the front desk was showing SO much breast- not even just cleavach. And she is not out of the norm.

I did most of my looking at Ricki's and on their website last night, but the clothes on the website are not what is in the stores or do not fit the same as what is in the stores. I'm going to look at Reitmans, too. I took my 21 yo daughter with me. I told her I wanted things that didn't look like t-shirts, but she assured me that 'times have changed.' I told her "change them back!"

My current job is no makeup or jewellery, nothing flashy, no skin showing, flat tie on shoes (depending on the program you are in. Some houses it can just be a shoe with enclosed toe and attached as in closed toe sandal. No crocs because they have holes in them) Jeans are fine and that is what most people wear.

I guess I need to decide what the environment is before I worry about what I'm going to wear to an interview, but I like to plan ahead... happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Responses