Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Return to Forum  

Friday Night Ritual - Thank you Boboli!

August 1 2011 at 9:34 AM
ccmarie  (Login ccmarie)
The Frugalista Files

Friday nights used to be our laundry/pizza/game night - but we've not had that ritual for a LONG while. We do order pizza though, we LOVE Pizza - but the last time we ordered it (moved not too long ago) - the local place was 26.00 + tip for ONE large 3 topping pizza. Is it just me or is that crazy?

I've tried making my own crust...it really doesn't come out so great. Practice makes perfect I suppose but this weekeend I grabbed a few Boboli crusts at the market on discount - it was 5.34 for two crusts with the sauce. Thought that was a pretty good amount...2.67 per crust and I know it's going to taste good and be fine? I'm all for that - so we added chunks of tomato, garlic, basil and spinach leaves all out of the garden...and some sliced red onions and cheese. Oh man! YUMMY!!! Even with the amount of cheese we used - good stuff!! Totally satisfied our pizza craving for well under 5.00.

The moral of the story is: when completely from scratch results in waste for you (like it did for me with my unsuccessful homemade dough)...or for whatever reason you don't have the energy, don't feel guilty, it's OKAY to move up to a compromise! Very happy with this pizza, actually better in some ways and fresher tasting and saved myself about 25.00 on just that ONE pizza. :~)

Respond to this message   
Responses