Booking hotel for wedding - near airport or not?November 4 2011 at 12:08 PM
|Tnetter (Login TxNet)|
The Frugalista Files
The last time we stayed at a hotel near an airport, it was really loud, even inside. Dd#2 thinks the hotel near the airport is the best location because it is near her work, her home, and the wedding location. I think downtown St. Louis might be better as far as noise, and proximity to the wedding.
Her house is about 30 minutes from the wedding location and I have no idea how much running back & forth there will be, especially since we are doing all the food. Hotel prices are about the same right now, but as soon as the 2012 baseball schedule is announced, the ones near the park will go up. We need to book now.
Anyone with experience have an opinion?
The road to success is always under construction.
- it depends on the kind of hotel - Sandy in Nj on Nov 4, 2011, 12:37 PM
- Airport hotels are for business travelers - PaulaF in CO on Nov 4, 2011, 2:26 PM
- I'd say downtown - Stacey on Nov 4, 2011, 5:41 PM
- Hotel - St Louis - glenda on Nov 4, 2011, 8:22 PM
- Chiming in Late - Darcy on Nov 5, 2011, 3:36 PM
- I wonder if - glenda on Nov 5, 2011, 5:19 PM
- Well, there won't be alcohol, so that's probably not a problem - Tnetter on Nov 5, 2011, 6:33 PM
- I don't think I've ever been to a wedding reception - Monica on Nov 5, 2011, 6:49 PM
- LOL, I've only been to one with drinking and dancing - Tnetter on Nov 5, 2011, 7:23 PM
- I went to a dinner wedding once - Darcy on Nov 6, 2011, 1:37 AM
- LOL this reminds me of when I got engaged. - Christine on Nov 7, 2011, 10:59 AM
- Yep, things have changed - Tnetter on Nov 7, 2011, 1:45 PM
- We got married in 1993 - Miranda on Nov 7, 2011, 2:06 PM
- I had a dry reception, too - Maxine on Nov 7, 2011, 3:32 PM
- Must be a north-vs-south thing.... - Darcy on Nov 7, 2011, 5:30 PM
- Do the bride and groom stay for all that? - Tnetter on Nov 7, 2011, 5:33 PM
- It may be more a religious thing. - Beverly on Nov 7, 2011, 6:36 PM
- No it's not neccessarily a religious thing - it's a regional thing. - Christine on Nov 8, 2011, 6:22 AM
- I think I have only been to one protestant wedding - Beverly on Nov 8, 2011, 9:17 AM
- Sure, they stay for most of it.... - Darcy on Nov 8, 2011, 7:19 AM