Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Return to Forum  

I was at Macy's at 6 a.m......

November 25 2011 at 9:57 AM
  (Premier Login MaxineS)
Forum Owner

Response to Hate to admit it, but I was at WM at 10 PM

I had not intended to do any Black Friday shopping at all. However, Macy's had a really good price on a Magic Bullet, which DS would like to have. And we are leaving for the rest of the weekend and would miss the sale prices. Macy's opened at midnight, and I would NOT have gone at that time. Since I am always the first one up, I decided I would simply go when I woke up, which happened to be a little before 6. They were busy, but not swamped.

One of the other things I wanted was a pair of small sewing scissors. Jo-Ann has Fiskars for 60% off this weekend, no coupon or anything required. I decided to run by and see if they were open, and they were. Also moderately busy, but for a change they had enough help. I ran into a couple of Mennonite girls from Bonner's Ferry (1-1/2 hours north of here) who left home at 10:30 p.m. and shopped all night. Jo-Ann's was their last stop--their goal was to be done when the sun came up, and they just made it.

I was home at 7:15, took a nap, and now we are getting ready to go. Considering I live 15-20 minutes away, that wasn't bad at all!

Respond to this message   
Responses