Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Return to Forum  

What are some of the gifts you are giving.

December 20 2011 at 6:54 AM
Maxine  (Premier Login MaxineS)
Forum Owner

I always like to read other people's gift lists. Here's mine:
DH--new Norelco shaver (other one bit the dust), 3 pairs of socks, would like to think of another small gift to make 3. DD bought him 4 movie tickets at Costco and plans to help him use them up! No idea what DS is up to for his dad.

DD--3DS game system, 1-2 games (shopping for those today), homemade pajamas. DS bought her new ear buds and an I-tunes giftcard.

DS--ca$h for a new tire, a Magic Bullet blender and a skeletons and skulls potholder if I get it made, otherwise a 3/4 inch socket to replace a lost one. (He is kind of anal about his tools). DD is buying him a 1/2 day ski lift ticket.

DS's girl friend--hat and scarf to go with the down jacket DS is giving her. Her birthday is today and I got her a 1/2 day lift ticket and $15 iTunes card. Spent $35 for Christmas and $40 for birthday.

John, DD's boyfriend--we don't exchange gifts. But he and DD do. She is giving him a Red Sox jersey that we found for 40% off!

I have spent less than $5 per adult kid for stocking stuffers.

We are not football fans, but if we were, I'd be buying University of Oregon T-shirts (DH and I are alums). Oregon is going to the Rose Bowl! Go Ducks!!

Edited to add--we have spent/are spending about $580 for gifts for 3 people. Plus DH will likely spend a little under $100 on me. DS is the big receiver this year--tires don't come cheap! Only other big expense will be the prime rib @ $4.87 lb. for USDA Choice. Most of rest of dinner is already on hand.

This message has been edited by MaxineS on Dec 20, 2011 7:19 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses