Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Return to Forum  

My people!! =8-)

December 24 2011 at 9:10 AM
Kim  (Login KimAB)
The Frugalista Files

Response to Is anyone else looking forward to the whole blasted thing being over?

I'm never very good with Christmas and my family knows it. This morning dh wandered off in the store when we were ready to go. We were in the line to pay and I had no idea where he was. That makes me crazy. I said to Natalya- Let's leave him here! She knew I was only a little serious. I couldn't REALLY leave him at the store.... he had the keys!

If I play cards with them and dare I say a game of original Monopoly wouldn't be amiss- it would probably go a long way to making it happy for dh and the kids. Holidays to dh means a lot of people and playing cards. I came from a family of two kids and my mother was raised in a 'cards are the devil's books' kind of way...so we never played cards when I was a kid. We did have a pretty cut throat game of marbles yesterday. Marbles (before anyone asks) is home made game like Sorry or Trouble that you play with marbles and cards. I don't know if you HAVE to be French Canadian to play (or married to one) but all the French Canadians that I know play.

Bethann- I know exactly what you were trying to say. I've struggled with that a lot over the last couple months. Every time I turn around I see someone being handed something and I think - what the heck? WHAT THE HECK! Where is MY free car, you know? But then I was reminded of the prodigal son (which doesn't REALLY apply) and how the second son is told you don't get it because you already have it. It helps a little... Sometimes...

And can I just say that Christmas specials REALLY piss me off! They are either obnoxious or syrupy sweet OR Biblically incorrect. Come on! Would it be too hard to crack the Bible if you are going to make a movie about a Biblical event. I watched on last night at work... First of all the Scottish accents threw me a little. Second- it just wasn't RIGHT.

My annoyance is compounded by the fact that I stopped digesting about three days ago. I'm loading up on probiotics and think I might be a little better today, but I'm down almost three pounds in the last couple days so I just feel generally unwell. I didn't want a bite of mashed potatoes at Christmas supper, anyway. sad.gif

AND when Visa couldn't get me at home yesterday they called me at work. They don't grasp that I don't work at that number and there is NO number I can be reached at when I am at work. They also don't grasp that my 'situation' is never going to change no matter how much they call. I understand that they deal with people who are trying to scam them, but I'm not holding out on them. If I had $4,000 I would be bankrupt - not making a deal with them. So anyway, I have to say I found it a little humiliating when my regional manager called me to pass on the message from the Royal Bank. She thought I was trying to get a job that pays more money, but no... I had to explain that it was Visa and I can't pay them.

Oh and DD#2 (Sunshine Girl) decided that she is moving out in April. I guess I better start practicing living without her rent money for food.

Okay... that's all. Rant is over.

Respond to this message   
Responses