Moving frugally?January 28 2012 at 7:49 AM
|glenda (Login glendaMO)|
My dd is getting married, and will be going to live in Florida in June. She has most of the normal household things, and a few pieces of furniture that she will want to take with her, and she'll undoubtedly collect a few more things between now and then. I know it'll be too much for a truck bed, and require a trailer or moving truck.
Is there a cheap way to move? Wondering if the thing to do is to just rent a UHaul, and take a mini vacation to visit them in their new place.
Is there a tackful way to discourage people from buying wedding gifts that are going to need to be moved? ie. encourage people to buy gift cards vs. towels, for wedding gifts? I'm sure she'll graciously accept any gift she's given, but know that she is concerned that she'll end up needing a larger vehicle to move her things.
- I think that is the thing now (regarding weddings) - Kim on Jan 28, 2012, 8:40 AM
- I'm not wild about it - Tnetter on Jan 28, 2012, 1:00 PM
- ditto! - glenda on Jan 28, 2012, 7:43 PM
- Explaining the moves to guests good idea - mj on Jan 28, 2012, 8:54 PM
- What a couple we know did... - Jodi-in-Id on Jan 29, 2012, 5:45 PM
- this must be regional - Christine on Jan 30, 2012, 5:03 AM