Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Return to Forum  

tracking grocery spending here too

February 22 2012 at 8:58 AM
Sandy in NJ  (Login SandyinMI)
The Frugalista Files

Response to I, too, have been tracking grocery spending, and every other kind

I've kept receipts from November, January and February so I don't have a clear picture of what we spend per month yet. I didn't bother with December because dh's parents were here and they took us out to restaurants so much it was too skewed. I have noticed a significant decrease from November to now that I'm attributing to eating a lot less meat.

Today I bought packing tape and mouthwash. Those are items I can't get at my regular grocery stores so I went to the crummy Walmart nearby that I despise. They must be rearranging the store because none of the signs pointed in the right direction for anything. Ugh. I needed the packing tape to mail some books sold on ebay. Which brings me to this point - since moving here and not getting completely settled because we know we'll be moving shortly again, I've temporarily lost things. So I know I have them somewhere, but have had to buy replacements because I just cannot find them in time. I know I have at least one whole roll of packing tape but can't find it and the books need to be mailed today. For the Valentine's Day school craft there were a couple of items I replaced because I couldn't find them. I hate that because I'm usually organized. Can't wait to move and unpack everything.

Respond to this message