Click here for the archives!

Return to Forum  

Tuesday and Wednesday--not too frugal!

March 21 2012 at 8:09 PM
  (Premier Login MaxineS)
Forum Owner

Response to FS March day 21

I've been eating out.

Tuesday, I had my swimming lesson and then met DS for lunch. We had a great heart-to-heart--the kind moms of adult children live for--so it was well worth the price of lunch. We went to a Vietnamese restaurant and shared a big bowl of shrimp wonton soup (pho). With time to kill, I went to most of the thrift stores in Coeur d'Alene. I hit the jackpot at Goodwill--for a friend. I ran across the dishes she has in her fishing-themed room at the motel (and can use in several others). There is a rainbow trout in the center and each piece is edged with fishing flies. I got her 16 pieces for .99 each--a fraction of what they go for on eBay. Otherwise, I didn't buy anything.

Today was pinochle day. Because of a 6 p.m. meeting, I didn't have time to go home. DH brought DD into Coeur d'Alene and we ate at Shari's (a diner-type place) before going to the Special Olympics meeting. DD signed up for swimming. She's never quite managed to learn, despite several tries, but it's always worth another shot. Then we went shopping and spent $100 on groceries. I did pretty well, though.

I'm back in the saddle again.

Respond to this message