Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Return to Forum  

what we did

March 24 2012 at 11:14 AM
Trina  (Login TrinaOR)
The Frugalista Files

Response to How much is reasonable for 'fun money'

When I first set ours up I resented DH smoking habit and so I basically added 20 bucks (so he had some in his pocket) to the hundred he spent for smokes and that is what I took as well..mainly because he gave me flack for anything I spent (which was generally very little), he didn't look at what he was taking out for smokes each month/week. He has since quit smoking so his goes much further each month. So for the last I don't know how long it has been 120 a month, 30 a week.

It is supposed to cover what we do hobby wise as well as if we want to go out to lunch or buy any thing in particular.. I save mine and usually buy something bigger..like a camera lens this time for that new grand baby coming in May, or a spinning wheel, and carder....

DH spends his every month and never has anything to show for it, but this is our no questions asked amount and I don't ask or care as long as he doesn't dip into the household account...

Every now and then when I make a fairly substantial purchase DH will raise and eyebrow and I smile sweetly and say my allowance...nuff said

I think we should perhaps review it and see if maybe we should cut it back some.. but I don't think DH will go for it...

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."

Respond to this message