Meal ideas (and a mini update)March 27 2012 at 5:24 AM
|Penny in OH (Login lndsmom)|
The Frugalista Files
I need help and I knew you were just the place to come to get it!!
I need ideas for easy, and I mean super easy meals, that are not too fancy, not too spicy, and don't take a lot of prep work. I can start a quick meal in a crockpot, but DH needs to finish it. Or DH needs to be able to cook it all by himself (with limited cooking experience).
I've been in hiding for a bit and while I don't want this post to turn into an "all about me" post, I just wanted to fill you in on why the above is needed. I had back pain for a few months that was contributed to lack of exercise. When I finally got back to my oncologist, our worst fears were confirmed and the cancer had spread to the bone with my vertebrae and pelvis mostly involved. I am having a heck of a time walking, standing, and sitting. I am unable to work. I am in treatment and I seem to be getting better, which is how I can help with some of the prep of a meal, but I can't do it all. I can't do spicy because my tummy just can't take it with the chemo that I'm on.
Help me come up with a list of meals to make DH's new job a little easier! Thanks!!
- Try the Year of Crockpotting site - LisaCNC on Mar 27, 2012, 5:43 AM
- Easy, easy, easy - Maxine on Mar 27, 2012, 7:03 AM
- I am very sorry to hear that. - Beverly on Mar 27, 2012, 1:13 PM
- Hi Penny! - Tammy L on Mar 27, 2012, 4:31 PM
- I am sorry Penny! - 2catsmom on Mar 27, 2012, 5:21 PM
- Roasted Chicken - LindaOH on Mar 27, 2012, 7:11 PM
- Super Easy ideas - PaulaF in CO on Mar 28, 2012, 8:26 AM
- No meal ideas (you've gotten lots of good ones) - Donna on Mar 28, 2012, 9:24 AM
- no ideas here either that haven't been mentioned already - Sandy in NJ on Mar 28, 2012, 11:37 AM
- Here's what I've been doing. - Monica on Mar 28, 2012, 3:47 PM
- Ideas. and prayers coming your way - glenda on Mar 28, 2012, 4:24 PM
- I don't have much to offer... - KarenPA on Mar 29, 2012, 7:42 AM
- I'm so sorry to hear this news - Penny in FL on Mar 29, 2012, 8:59 AM