Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Return to Forum  

Meal ideas (and a mini update)

March 27 2012 at 5:24 AM
Penny in OH  (Login lndsmom)
The Frugalista Files

I need help and I knew you were just the place to come to get it!!

I need ideas for easy, and I mean super easy meals, that are not too fancy, not too spicy, and don't take a lot of prep work. I can start a quick meal in a crockpot, but DH needs to finish it. Or DH needs to be able to cook it all by himself (with limited cooking experience).

I've been in hiding for a bit and while I don't want this post to turn into an "all about me" post, I just wanted to fill you in on why the above is needed. I had back pain for a few months that was contributed to lack of exercise. When I finally got back to my oncologist, our worst fears were confirmed and the cancer had spread to the bone with my vertebrae and pelvis mostly involved. I am having a heck of a time walking, standing, and sitting. I am unable to work. I am in treatment and I seem to be getting better, which is how I can help with some of the prep of a meal, but I can't do it all. I can't do spicy because my tummy just can't take it with the chemo that I'm on.

Help me come up with a list of meals to make DH's new job a little easier! Thanks!!

Respond to this message   
Responses