Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Return to Forum  

Christmas in April (and May, June, and the rest of the year)

April 5 2012 at 2:40 PM
Maxine  (Premier Login MaxineS)
Forum Owner

Response to Pulling Christmas/life out of a hat: musings

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I think it is about two things--pulling Christmas out of the hat and Carol's plans to move in a different direction with her life.

Firstly, I want to congratulate you, Carol, for the way you have stayed the course. No way I could have done that! First time I got mad, he'd be gone! You've also been working through your finances very methodically...although I suspect that comes somewhat naturally to you.

But, let's talk Christmas. Seems like a lot of us were broke last November/December, and some of us still are. The daily threads really helped keep me on track. And, I loved what everyone else was doing for Christmas, especially PB's daily updates. I was even inspired to make a pair of pajamas--turned out to be DD's favorite gift--and to knit a dishcloth for DS.

At the time, we talked about getting started sooner on Christmas. So, here is my challenge: make or buy at least one gift per month. Extra credit if the gift is used or at least 75% off the regular price!

So, my April project is to knit another dishcloth. I will start another thread around the first of May to see if anyone else was inspired to start. And another around the first of June, and every month until Christmas.

Are you in?

BTW, AmyD's comment about all of us being capable of pulling Christmas out of a hat was not meant to imply that EVERY YEAR we had to sit on broken furniture and cut out stars from repurposed paper...although that's certainly an idea, LOL. The context was that if things are tight, any of us can produce a worthy Christmas. It isn't an emergency where we need to break out the CC's!

This message has been edited by MaxineS on Apr 5, 2012 5:40 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses