It's almost summer vacation time, let's talk frugal vacations!April 11 2012 at 8:04 PM
|Tnetter (Login TxNet)|
After the wedding, dh & I would like to take a few days.
I know we've talked about this before, but I thought it would be fun to start brainstorming.
What do you do to cut costs on vacations?
We'll take an ice chest and eat the evening meal out of it. Lunch is usually cheaper than dinner at restaurants, so when we eat out, it will be lunch.
I'm pretty picky about hotels and wonder if a B&B would be cheaper or just nicer, or are they nicer? I see a lot with pets and I don't know how dh's allergies will be, especially being unused to the pollen in the area.
Then, and hardest for us, is finding something to do when we get somewhere. We like to take tours, by bus, jeep, or boat. It's just fun to have someone point out the sights. Other than that, we never know what to do. If we go to Memphis we'll probably go see Graceland. Not that either of us are big Elvis fans, but how can you go to Memphis and not see Graceland?
The road to success is always under construction.
- That's true. - Maxine on Apr 11, 2012, 8:54 PM
- hotel... - Jaime on Apr 11, 2012, 9:34 PM
- Jaime reminded me of something - Maxine on Apr 11, 2012, 9:52 PM
- Urban Spoon - Monica on Apr 12, 2012, 3:53 AM
- Deal websites - LisaCNC on Apr 12, 2012, 8:11 AM
- Going to Cleveland - PaulaF in CO on Apr 12, 2012, 9:51 AM
- We haven't taken a vacation in years - Lori in MA on Apr 14, 2012, 4:30 AM
- What we ended up doing - Tnetter on Jun 1, 2012, 8:59 PM