Planning a vacationApril 23 2012 at 4:44 PM
|PBinNY (Login momtoelibet)|
The Frugalista Files
I received an email from DH while he was at work today. This year's National 4h conference is in Orlando Florida and his boss approved the family to come along. I am SO EXCITED! There will be costs involved of course but we are getting a great deal by tagging along. We will be going in October and staying at the Hilton at Disney for 5 days. We are then going to the Disney Sports resort for 2 additional days. This will be our first week long vacation as a family. This will also be the kids first plane ride and DH's second. I traveled extensively when I was young and I am so glad that my kids will get a chance to travel as well.
We haven't told the kids yet so DH and I haven't had a chance to discuss details etc. A trip to the ocean is mandatory for me. We will probably be looking at ways to be frugal as well (of course). Just wanted to share my unexpected good news on this cold wet day.
Any ideas and thoughts would be appreciated. I have traveled all over Florida but I haven't been to Orlando in 20 years. I know the kids would be happy to spend every minute at Disney but I want a well rounded trip.
- That's great! - Jaime on Apr 23, 2012, 5:29 PM
- Remind me again... - Darcy on Apr 23, 2012, 7:38 PM
- That sounds like fun - Tnetter on Apr 23, 2012, 8:13 PM
- If you want a real discount on Disney tickets and have the time - LisaCNC on Apr 24, 2012, 8:10 AM
- As far as beaches ... - LisaCNC on Apr 24, 2012, 9:48 AM
- Kennedy Space Center - Missy on Apr 24, 2012, 10:52 AM
- Florida Ideas - Darcy on Apr 25, 2012, 9:40 AM