Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

 Return to Forum  

Battery chargers.

April 27 2012 at 5:52 PM
Beverly  (Login BeverlySue)
The Frugalista Files

Hubby was talking to some guys and one had experienced a house fire that was ultimately determined to be caused by a battery charger. He told me to research battery chargers and see if they were normally a fire hazard and I was pretty stunned with what I came up with. Apparently you are never supposed to leave battery chargers on overnight or unattended. We left several of them on all the time, went out of town with them plugged in. Some of the fires I read about were from car battery charging but it sounds like any other kind is a danger too. So we went through the house and garage and unplugged them all and will just plug them in before we need them, so will have to plan ahead. Guess I will save some money on energy too.

 
 Respond to this message   
Responses