Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Return to Forum  

Fundraiser today

May 4 2012 at 10:06 AM

Penny in FL  (Login Bugpugmom)
The Frugalista Files

Response to FS May Day 4

The mission team at the church is hosting its annual BBQ fundraiser to make money for the summer mission trip. Looks like I'm having bbq for lunch, it's a $7 donation.

Hubby had an out-of-town job today so he took my car instead of driving all that way in his gas-guzzling truck. I like when he does this, he always returns my car with a full tank. I'd be satisfied if it came back with roughly the same amount it left with but he fills it, so that'll save me a few bucks this week.

I'm cooking a huge pot of spaghetti sauce tonight. I'll portion and freeze what we don't use tonight.

I'm going to a renaissance festival the end of this month and the person I'm going with REALLY wants to go in costume. So tonight I hope to go thru my fabric stash and see what I have that can be turned into costumes. I have some ideas about patterns but I hope to do this without buying anything. I'm not telling her I'm doing this, if I pull it off it'll be a nice surprise, if I don't she won't be disappointed.

Tomorrow is oldest kid's birthday, as gifts I have a couple of shirts bought on clearance ($1.99 at KMart), 2 bras bought on sale, and a pair of pajama pants I made. I also made her birthday card, it has a chihuahua on it and the entire text is in Spanish, it's a Cinco de Mayo joke since that's the way people remember when her birthday is.

Respond to this message   
Responses