Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Return to Forum  

A few...

May 8 2012 at 5:59 PM
PBinNY  (Login momtoelibet)
The Frugalista Files

Response to Totally and completely OT--redneck stories from your neck of the woods

I live in a rural county in upstate NY. I know when most of you think NY you think the city. We are far from it. The village I live in has 1 four way stop and no stop lights.

I visited DD's first grade class for an event. All the parents and students were seated at tables which were first grade size. I looked over and saw a mom with her thong and "tramp stamp" distinctly showing out of her pants. I could only think of the Jeff Foxworthy song, "You might be a redneck if...."

We have a twice yearly village cleanup. I distinctly remember the year that we saw a chevelle cruising its way through town packed to the gills. The clincher was that they had a swing set on the top with a passenger holding his hand on it to secure it.

On that vein, when my daughter was 3 she set up a "rock sale" in our front yard. She had a small table and two chairs set up with rocks and her for sale sign. I looked out the window one morning and saw folks loading my table and chairs into the back of their pickup and it was no where near village clean up days.

That all being said, Dh occasionally parks his pickup in the driveway and plops himself in a lawn chair in the back with a beer in hand.

Respond to this message   
Responses