Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Return to Forum  

A storm suddenly came up

May 9 2012 at 12:17 PM

Penny in FL  (Login Bugpugmom)
The Frugalista Files

Response to FS May day 9

It was beautiful earlier, then out of nowhere, wham. Black skies and driving rain. It will probably pass as quickly as it came.

My contribution to last night's Bunco meal, scratch-made baked beans, were a huge hit. Everybody wanted the recipe until they found out I soaked and cooked my own beans.

Yesterday I was given a large bag of shredded cabbage. Tonight I'm cooking sweet and sour cabbage with kielbasa for supper, plus I'll cook the rest up into egg roll filling and freeze it. I don't like the texture of the egg rolls if they're fully made, then frozen, but I like having the filling on hand.

My library books are due tomorrow so I'd like to drop them off today to avoid the fine. But at this point I wouldn't mind having a small fine, when I was in a few weeks ago I wanted a Dr. Seuss book from the Friends of the Library sale and all I had on me was a $20. They couldn't break it so they gave me the book. It was One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish and it has rapidly become one of Drake's favorites.

I was going over finances today and I hope to save $400 next month, barring any unforeseen emergencies. I have got to get serious about savings, as serious as I was about paying off medical debt last year. When I got that last medical bill paid off I got lazy, which I swore I wouldn't do. Time to buckle down and treat the savings account like a bill, pay it first.

Respond to this message