Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Return to Forum  

20 minutes to improve your life!

May 22 2012 at 7:43 AM
  (Premier Login MaxineS)
Forum Owner

Well, OK, 20 minutes improved mine.

As I was lying in bed last night, I had the revelation that maybe the reason I haven't been able to get my bedroom clean and the laundry done for months was that I couldn't walk into my walk-in closet. I woke up early this morning and decided to clean the closet first thing--well, maybe not CLEAN, but PUPA (picked up and put away). It only took 20 minutes, and what a difference 20 minutes can make!

Now I don't know yet how much this is going to improve my life, but I suspect it will do a LOT. I threw a few things away that were beyond redemption and set a few things aside to donate. I haven't vacuumed the floor...but I will, if I get that far on the bedroom. For the most part, I just PUPA'd. This included putting away a couple of plastic storage boxes with too-small clothes in them. (They used to be out of season, but now they are too small, LOL). They were on the floor smack in front of my hanging rod. Now they are on the top shelf. I also discovered that I am not nearly as far behind on the laundry as I thought--it was hard to tell when it was scattered all over the floor. And even the clean clothes were stacked in my bedroom because I couldn't put them away.

If there is anything preventing you from doing something else, I encourage you to identify and take care of it. Cleaning the closet (which doesn't show) was at the bottom of my list when it needed to be on top. What jobs could you do that would make the rest of your work easier?

Respond to this message   
Responses