looks like we're going to buy the house after allMay 23 2012 at 2:05 PM
|Sandy in NJ (no login)|
Incredibly, the seller agreed to fix every item on the inspection. I was completely shocked, but I'm not going to argue! Our mortgage was approved today, the appraisal was good and we're still set to close next week. When my agent suggested the May 31st closing date the first week of May I thought there was no way we'd be able to close that fast. The only thing that could hold up the closing date is repairs since they need to be finished by closing. When the fire marshall came today to do the certificate of occupancy he said the sidewalk needs to be fixed beforehand also. Right now there are two bad squares that are pushed up by tree roots. The seller is responsible for that too so hopefully everything will be coordinated in time.
I'm very relieved to not have to keep looking and to not have to handle the repairs.
Something odd today - when the Fire Marshall came to the house today he came in a fire engine. Seems sort of grand for a certificate of occupancy!
- Good news - Miranda on May 23, 2012, 2:19 PM
- Do you think they can get the repairs done in time w/ the holiday? - LisaCNC on May 23, 2012, 2:22 PM
- That's great! - Monica on May 23, 2012, 4:00 PM
- Well, good for you! - Maxine on May 23, 2012, 5:59 PM
- Happy for you! - PJ on May 24, 2012, 6:14 AM
- One thing we did when - Missy on May 24, 2012, 10:27 AM
- So happy for you! - 2catsmom on May 24, 2012, 4:15 PM
- How's it coming? - sheila on May 25, 2012, 4:43 AM