I just went on a "vacation at home"May 30 2012 at 1:27 PM
Penny in FL (Login Bugpugmom)
The Frugalista Files
I had Friday and Monday off, and I was supposed to go to Atlanta with a friend. But at the last minute the friend had to bail, so I called my BFF who lives in a condo at the beach, and told her I was moving into her guest room for a few days. She had to work (owns her own business) so I had the place to myself most of the time. Breakfast on the balcony overlooking the beach, very nice. I spent my days as if I were on a vacation away from home, which meant a lot of sleeping in and rest/relaxation. But I did some touristy things too. Sunday morning I picked up my grandson and took him to the Gulfarium, we had a blast despite the heat. I took a walk on the beach. Saturday after my BFF got off work we went shopping in Destin and then ate at a place we'd never been to before.
My accomodations in Atlanta would have been free, we were staying with BFF's parents if we had gone. I always stay with them there and they were happy to have me bring a friend, even though they didn't know her. But I saved a bunch of money since I didn't have to drive to my vacation destination, so I was able to add some $$ to my emergency fund and buy some stuff I wasn't expecting to get yet.
So here's my question: Do you ever vacation at home? Are there cool places in your area you don't make time to visit? Or have you hit the sights and played tourist in your area? What are the fun things to do where you live?
- Sounds like you had a good time - CC on May 31, 2012, 11:05 AM
- The stay-cation! - Kim on May 31, 2012, 4:56 PM
- Definately do that here! - glenda on May 31, 2012, 5:59 PM
- No, but I plan to do more of it - Tnetter on Jun 1, 2012, 8:16 PM
- That's our plan this year - PaulaF in CO on Jun 2, 2012, 6:54 AM
- kids and I are planning to do this... - sheila on Jun 3, 2012, 1:21 PM
- I could never do this. - Maxine on Jun 3, 2012, 3:44 PM
- Oh, so me too! - Kim in NJ on Jun 3, 2012, 7:50 PM
- Yes - Penny in FL on Jun 4, 2012, 2:12 PM