Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Return to Forum  

I've been in that place for awhile.....

June 10 2012 at 5:48 PM
Jaime  (Login JaimeLW)
The Frugalista Files

Response to I'm looking for other depressed/ overwhelmed people

I've dealt with depression, anxiety (mostly anxiety) for many years. My part of depression is lack of motivation, don't want to leave the house, refusal to answer the phone and talk to people etc. I've been off and on different meds for many years. Currently I am off all my meds except for taking ADHD meds most days. Unfortunately those don't work near as well as they used to, and even changing doses and medicines hasn't helped. Other meds were causing weight gain and other side effects. It's just a vicious cycle and although I'm semi-fine now I know I'll be back on them again. Unfortunately I'm doing pretty good compared to what I could be like if I look at my biological father, grandparents and great grandparents. Just scarey, scary stuff!! None of which I knew about until AFTER I had kids because I was adopted. Hardest part of it all is to see 2 of my 3 kids struggling with anger issues and anxiety and fear and mad at myself that someone else is going to have to struggle too. ooohhhh...........this is long enough, I'm a mess and to believe I'm off meds?! happy.gif
Glad to see I'm not the only one struggling though!
Jaime

Respond to this message