Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Return to Forum  

Overcomers/CRAP HAPPENS/Depressed and Overwhelmed/Ohwoeisme Club Post 6/14

June 14 2012 at 4:52 AM
BethannM  (Login BethannM)
Moderators

Have not accomplished quite as much this morning as yesterday, but did get a load of wash going, did morning chores alone (hubby got up late), read two chapters in Psalms (am praying Psalm 65:9-13 over this land!) and walked around the yard admiring the flowers through the weeds, thinking of the special people who gave me all the various starts.

Last night I got a bunch more stuff done between 8-9:30. I swept and mopped the kitchen, unloaded the dishwasher, folded two or three loads of laundry with dh, and dusted the living room and dining rooms!

The house does indeed look better. There are still miscellaneous "hot spots", but we are making progress. Also, I ate very well yesterday. I did have 1/4 of a Hershey bar (but I didn't eat the whole thing).

There is currently a burn ban in our county, because things are sooo dry. Mind you, I am 48 years old and have NEVER experienced a burn ban! That's how bad this drought is. Expect killer prices in the grocery store this fall. The crops are absolutely pathetic.

Okay...off to make the bed and work 15 minutes in my room. I had cereal for breakfast. It was a healthy cereal, but still not a good choice for me. I need to make good choices for the rest of the day and just shrug off this morning's oops.

*edited to change the date. I am apparently trying to skip June and half of July.*

Blessings,

Bethann
Matthew 6:33
http://gettingtheresimply.blogspot.com/

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." --Will Rogers

This message has been edited by BethannM on Jun 14, 2012 4:55 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses