Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Return to Forum  

FINALLY got the checkbook to balance

June 29 2012 at 8:34 AM
BethannM  (Login BethannM)
Moderators

Buggar took me several hours! Turns out we rented a Redbox movie on a Friday. Wrote it in the book: $1.28. Looked at the account online on the weekend, saw the amount, checked it off in my register. A couple of weeks later, I went through and added in all the debit card entries (yes, you read that right. yes I know, bad, bad, bad.) Anyway, there was a Redbox debit of $2-something for three days after that one I checked off. We regularly rent Redbox movies, more than one at a time, so I didn't think anything of it and just added it in. Well, finally figured out today that we had kept that one movie for two nights. The posting I checked off in my register was a weekend "pending" post, so when Monday came around, the actual charge was the $2-something, not the $1-something I had entered.

And of course, this was all at the beginning of the month, so there were tons of entries to go through, again, and again, and again.... Oh, also, that weekend was the switchover between statement periods. So the $1 something had actually fallen during the previous statement period, which is why I didn't catch it earlier in the month.

Been a frustrating month of not being able to figure out the mistake!

Whew! I am SO GLAD I am going back to a cash/envelope system!

Blessings,

Bethann
Matthew 6:33
http://gettingtheresimply.blogspot.com/

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." --Will Rogers

Respond to this message   
Responses