Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Return to Forum  

today

July 1 2012 at 8:26 AM
Sandy in NJ  (Login SandyinMI)
The Frugalista Files

Response to FS July day 1- sunday

The flooring was finished yesterday at the house, minus the one carpeted room. I'll take more photos soon since the flooring and painting makes it look like a different house. Yesterday we got about half of the basement waterproofing done. Home Depot doesn't carry the primixed waterproofer we wanted but we figured out a little easier way to mix it so we soldiered on with the one you mix with water. It's definitely improving the way the basement looks and I hope it's also going to work as it should. It finally cooled off to the 70's last night and we all slept very soundly and woke up very late. Dh's and my hands are sore from brushing the thick stuff (plus a couple nasty blisters) so with our hands and sleeping late we're considering finishing next weekend instead of today. That means possibly the shore today or maybe the art museum.

We watched the Philadelphia fireworks last night from near our house. Several miles away but still nice to see and no traffic to deal with. The pool club and our normally bustling downtown were barren yesterday. Everyone must be at the shore.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• My day! - 2catsmom on Jul 1, 2012, 9:03 AM
  •