Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Return to Forum  

When do you decide to replace rather than repair?

July 6 2012 at 8:36 AM
Tnetter  (Login TxNet)

Back story: our riding lawnmower is in the shop. They said 10-14 days, so after 2 weeks, dh had me call and see if it was ready. They told me there were still several ahead of us and it would be another week. Dh drove over there to get it and they told him it was already being worked on. Hmmm? He proceeded to ream them out about it. Now, when I go pick it up if they ever call, I need to apologize for dh's outburst because he sure won't. It just so happened that dh had spent the last two days worrying about his job. The company closed his store, called in other reps to reassign territory and he thinks he is getting their dregs. I had been walking on eggshells trying not to set him off, and then that happened.

Soooo, the plan was to take the tiller in after the lawnmower was out. But since our name is probably mud there and I don't know of another mower repair business within 50 miles, I'm not sure what to do about the tiller. We bought it used and it has been a pain from the beginning, really hard to start and keep running, plus it bucked like a bronco. Bil borrowed it and then a neighbor and now it won't start at all.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

Respond to this message   
Responses