Gripe about finding employment....August 10 2012 at 8:32 AM
sheila (Login SheilaPCT)
The Frugalista Files
I can't tell you how many stores and places I have been to, seeking employment.. each one tells me to go online to fill out the application. In most cases the online ap takes longer, usually WAY longer, than filling out a paper one ever would... some times you get stuck in not being able to come up with a unique enough log in or like the one I just tried to do, they tell me I am already in the system and can't reapply unless I change my e-mail address (WHAT???). I am so frustrated... I spent just under an hour Sunday filling out one of the online applications and I never even go so much as an automatic e-mail saying they got it.... No one has called me from a single one of these online applications....
Maybe this is the real reason that unemployment is so high in this country? LOL!
I need a part time job. I'm feeling desperate... my unemployment ran out in June. At this point I will take just about anything if it can fit with in my kids school schedule.... I have been to the unemployment office and all they do is direct you to computers with more on line applications... so frustrating! How DO people get jobs now a days????
- Same thing here in Michigan! - mj on Aug 10, 2012, 9:11 AM
- I know what you mean - Tnetter on Aug 10, 2012, 9:55 AM
- DH ran into that too. - Christine on Aug 10, 2012, 9:58 AM
- there are so many applicants they can weed them out faster this way - Sandy in NJ on Aug 10, 2012, 11:12 AM
- It was that way with teaching jobs too. - Monica on Aug 10, 2012, 2:23 PM
- Tell EVERYONE you know what you're looking for..... - Darcy on Aug 10, 2012, 5:05 PM
- Now that you've said that - Kim on Aug 11, 2012, 7:30 PM
- check out www.indeed.com - BethannM on Aug 12, 2012, 7:03 AM
- oh, and is the "must be willing to work flex shifts/weekends - sheila on Aug 13, 2012, 5:14 AM
- I know you applied for the food program, - Trina on Aug 14, 2012, 6:46 AM
- Microjobs - PaulaF in CO on Aug 15, 2012, 9:19 AM