Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Respond to this messageReturn to Forum
Original Message
  • some thoughts
    • Trina (Login TrinaOR)
      The Frugalista Files
      Posted Nov 9, 2011 6:59 AM

First of all.. if the leashes are to long cut them down, or if they are two thin double them and hook them down.
      Hertz or hartz not sure which it is.. puts out a lovely shampoo that is supposed to keep them tic/flea free for 10 days, I thought is worked well... this was about 5 bucks or so..but would involve bathing them every 10 days...but way cheaper then frontline...Our vet sell the frontline and heartworm meds in single doses..might be a thought.

Dollar store is a good choice if you have small dogs.. if they are big I have found nothing there that stands up to those big strong jaws,
      For chews buy or save a couple soup bonees and bake them... dogs love them...no pork or chicken/poultry bones
      Training treats- buy a small bag of the beneful salmon... my dogs will do backflips for them and they will last quite a while as training treats.. also look up homemade dog treats..another thing is just plain meat thats left over cut into very small pieces...works well for training.

Old Blankets/towels work well for bedding.
      one more thing if you have and odds and ends of fleece make strips and braid it.. my dogs love these.. but are big so they dont last to long.

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options