Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Respond to this messageReturn to Forum
Original Message
  • Frugal Feb wrap up..... Monday 2/27
    • sheila (Login SheilaPCT)
      The Frugalista Files
      Posted Feb 27, 2012 4:03 AM

It's monday.... 2 days left to this month after today.

I managed to have 4 no drive days last week. This is really helping my fuel consumption! Last week I week I probably used about $25 in gas instead of the usual $40. This week's goal is 2 no drive days.

I'm also doing better with keeping the house at 68. (Lower at night)

I met my goal this month of replacing and adding to my e-fund.

I have been tracking groceries really well for 2 full months now. I spent $309 in January (but was away for a full week) and then $503 in February. Averaged together it comes to $406 a month or $116 a week (divided by 7 weeks- not including the week we were away). Not too bad for feeding 2 adults and 2 kids, almost all meals at home. This does include toiletrys and dog food.

Right now I am looking ahead to my March budget... goals for March are to add $50 more to the e-fund, Buy and mail my dad a B-day present by 3/7 and pay cash for it, pay the dentist $110 for an extra (6 month) cleaning that my insurance won't cover, And put away at least $400 for oil, (I am assuming that I will need oil again by the end of March).
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options Also send responses to my email address