Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Respond to this messageReturn to Forum
Original Message
  • Frugal Feb wrap up..... Monday 2/27
    • sheila (Login SheilaPCT)
      The Frugalista Files
      Posted Feb 27, 2012 4:03 AM

It's monday.... 2 days left to this month after today.

I managed to have 4 no drive days last week. This is really helping my fuel consumption! Last week I week I probably used about $25 in gas instead of the usual $40. This week's goal is 2 no drive days.

I'm also doing better with keeping the house at 68. (Lower at night)

I met my goal this month of replacing and adding to my e-fund.

I have been tracking groceries really well for 2 full months now. I spent $309 in January (but was away for a full week) and then $503 in February. Averaged together it comes to $406 a month or $116 a week (divided by 7 weeks- not including the week we were away). Not too bad for feeding 2 adults and 2 kids, almost all meals at home. This does include toiletrys and dog food.

Right now I am looking ahead to my March budget... goals for March are to add $50 more to the e-fund, Buy and mail my dad a B-day present by 3/7 and pay cash for it, pay the dentist $110 for an extra (6 month) cleaning that my insurance won't cover, And put away at least $400 for oil, (I am assuming that I will need oil again by the end of March).
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options