Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Respond to this messageReturn to Forum
Original Message
  • Battery chargers.
    • Beverly (Login BeverlySue)
      The Frugalista Files
      Posted Apr 27, 2012 5:52 PM

      Hubby was talking to some guys and one had experienced a house fire that was ultimately determined to be caused by a battery charger. He told me to research battery chargers and see if they were normally a fire hazard and I was pretty stunned with what I came up with. Apparently you are never supposed to leave battery chargers on overnight or unattended. We left several of them on all the time, went out of town with them plugged in. Some of the fires I read about were from car battery charging but it sounds like any other kind is a danger too. So we went through the house and garage and unplugged them all and will just plug them in before we need them, so will have to plan ahead. Guess I will save some money on energy too.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password
       

      Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.


      Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options Also send responses to my email address