Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

Respond to this messageReturn to Forum
Original Message
  • Today has been a bust!
    • Maxine (Premier Login MaxineS)
      Forum Owner
      Posted May 10, 2012 5:06 PM

We were planning to leave for the cabin this morning to be there when the cement was poured for the garage floor. However, DH was having a lot of trouble with dizziness--this is the third day, and it has gotten progressively worse. He called for a doctor's appointment at 9:20 and he was in by 10! Anyway, the doc thinks he has vertigo--not Meniere's disease, but a different form that's more common in older people. There is no medication for it, but if it doesn't improve on its own soon, he will need to start physical therapy. It can come, it can go, it can stay. Keep your fingers crossed on that last one--it would be a heckuva way to spend the rest of his life.

By the time we got home, it was too late to go to Harrison. I had been planning to come back in the morning, anyway, and go back on Saturday, so we are just waiting until Saturday. Hopefully the cement will be dry enough that we can move all of the tools out of the living room and into the garage!

So...how did I spend the afternoon? Asleep! I can't believe I needed a nap, but I did. Which means I probably won't sleep tonight. AT ALL.

All I have done so far today except for the doc and the grocery store--and the nap--has been to drive the truck to the back of our property and dump the yard debris from earlier in the week. I also inspected the prairie dog holes--gonna have to do something about those. However, tonight I'm going to load up the recyclables and a few more things for the dump and make a run tomorrow morning.

Money spent today: $15 co-pay for DH's doctor and $71 worth of groceries, including some convenience foods because I really don't feel like cooking. I had a chicken pot pie for lunch and it will either be hotdogs or leftovers for dinner. Their choice.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options