Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Adapting WW to Crock Pot

January 9 2011 at 2:17 PM
Maxine  (Premier Login MaxineS)
Forum Owner

As if losing weight weren't hard enough, I've added the challenge of trying to adapt WW recipes to the Crock Pot. Not just for the challenge of it, but because I truly hate to cook in the hour before dinner. At the moment, I've got a WW recipe for braised chicken simmering on Low. I eliminated a couple of steps, such as browning the chicken and sauteing the veggies, and just tossed it all in. I know it would be better if I had done these things, but sometimes that much effort just isn't in me and today was one of those days.

I'm looking through other cookbooks for low-cal recipes I can adapt to the Crock Pot. If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate them.

We didn't make it to WW on Saturday, due to double booking (I'd forgotten about DD's Special Olympics practice). Going to have to find a meeting on a different day. I am on Day 9 and have lost around 4 lbs. so far...which is phenomenal for me in just over a week. Of course, it's all water...but the water's gotta come off sometime!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tammy L
(Login TammyL)
Moderators

I think

January 9 2011, 2:29 PM 

you can adapt about any kind of recipe to a crockpot. But, sometimes it won't taste exactly the same. I think you adapted my recipe for Three Cheese Chicken that is on the recipe for the crockpot. Of course it is NOT a WW recipe. It is too high in calories for that. LOL

This week I made what I call Rotel Chicken. I throw boneless chicken breasts (frozen) in the crockpot with a can of Rotel, about a tablespoon of cumin and any salsa I find left over in the frig. LOL I cook it for about 4-5 hours and then shred it. I eat it like that and sometimes I throw a hunk of cream cheese in mine. DH eats his over rice. Every time I have it he talks about how wonderful the meal is. happy.gif It takes about 2 minutes to throw it all in the crockpot so it is easy for me. You could also do the Black Bean Chicken posted on the recipe board. That is where I got the idea but I am low carbing so I don't eat the corn and beans right now.

I'm trying to use my crockpot more too since I'm gone all day and now I get home even later with my new job. I'll let you know what I make.

Tammy

Respond to this message   
Stacey
(Login Stacey_K)
The Frugalista Files

Rotel Rice

January 9 2011, 3:15 PM 

I like to cook rice with Rotel, and throw in some hamburger or chicken. happy.gif Good stuff, though my brother doesn't like the Rotel with cilantro.

I gave mom my crockpot as I wasn't using it enough to make it worth keeping it.

Respond to this message   
Monroe on a Budget
(Login MonroeOnABudget)
The Frugalista Files

wrong appliance LOL

January 9 2011, 4:03 PM 

So I'm a WW dropout (was a lifer, but I put the weight on again) ... but it seems to me that you are thinking of the wrong kitchen appliance. Best kitchen gadget for a WW person is a George Foreman griddle : )

On topic:

You can make some homemade applesauce in your crock pot. Just slice and cook down the apples. Sweeten, or cinnamon, or not, as you see fit.

We also liked a jar of salsa poured over chicken pieces. Makes shredded chicken with a kick.

Respond to this message   
Maxine
(Premier Login MaxineS)
Forum Owner

Yeah, I'm a lifer, too

January 9 2011, 5:22 PM 

I made Lifetime about 5 years ago. Gained most of it back, mostly in the last two years.

Respond to this message   
Myra
(Login conchokitty)
The Frugalista Files

google is your friend

January 9 2011, 4:14 PM 

I find several ww meals for the crockpot when I google..
am trying to eat in a way that is conducive to losing weight yet not actually join ww so have looked for things on the web. also have a "healthy eating" cookbook but not sure how that compares to ww.

Myra in West Texas

Respond to this message   
mj
(Login mom24dgs)
The Frugalista Files

Congrats on the 4lbs@ Way to Go! N/T

January 9 2011, 4:28 PM 

N/T

Respond to this message   
Monica
(Login midwestgirl)
The Frugalista Files

Thw WW website

January 10 2011, 4:14 AM 

has some crockpot recipes. I haven't really checked them out yet, but there is a tab for them.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum