Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Is there a way to quick thaw a Cornish hen?

February 14 2011 at 3:28 PM
Tnetter  (Login TxNet)

They need to be in the oven right now and are still frozen. I stuck them in the oven, unstuffed, until I learn something.

------
Well, I can't believe the stuff that is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, and I can't believe that both I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and the stuff that I can't believe is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter are both, in fact, not butter. - Alice

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Maxine
(Premier Login MaxineS)
Forum Owner

Sure

February 14 2011, 4:05 PM 

Thaw them in the microwave, like a chicken, keying in a weight that's a little less than what they are. As I recall, Cornish hens typically weigh around 20 ounces, so key in 1 lb. or so. Then put in cold water to finish thawing, which shouldn't take long. The reason I said to understate the weight is that you don't want to start cooking them in the microwave...do you? You could, if you need to speed things up.

Respond to this message   
Sandy in MI
(Login SandyinMI)
The Frugalista Files

how did they turn out?

February 14 2011, 6:25 PM 

Did you thaw them in the microwave?

Respond to this message   
Tnetter
(Login TxNet)

The regular oven did it

February 15 2011, 8:25 AM 

Cornish hens are so small that it didn't take long. I left them in the oven for about 15 minutes and they were almost completely thawed, so I stuffed them and put them back in. They were great and dh was impressed.

------
Well, I can't believe the stuff that is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, and I can't believe that both I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and the stuff that I can't believe is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter are both, in fact, not butter. - Alice

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum