Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Have you noticed?

October 11 2011 at 1:39 PM
Maxine  (Premier Login MaxineS)
Forum Owner

The board has been dead lately. I've been trying to start new threads. If there is anything you've ever wanted to ask or brag about, now would be the time!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tnetter
(Login TxNet)

Yep, I've noticed

October 11 2011, 8:18 PM 

I wanted to start some threads and couldn't think of anything.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

Respond to this message   
patsy
(Login patsy147)
The Frugalista Files

I didn't think it was that dead

October 11 2011, 8:51 PM 

but I don't check in as often these days

Respond to this message   
Maxine
(Premier Login MaxineS)
Forum Owner

I judge this by the number of hits

October 12 2011, 7:19 AM 

The number of hits, or page views, was way down in August, but that's normal. It went back up in September, but dropped again in October...which is not usual. Usually people are hunkering down for winter, spending more time on the computer, and wondering how they will pay their heating bills.

Respond to this message   
Myra
(Login conchokitty)
The Frugalista Files

yeah, brain dead here too

October 13 2011, 12:15 PM 

or I'd start some threads! LOL

Myra in West Texas

Respond to this message   

richinny
(Login richinny)
The Frugalista Files

not a problem here.....

October 12 2011, 2:43 PM 

i'm a guy so either i think i know it all or i'm clueless wink.gif

Respond to this message   

2catsmom
(Login 2catsmom)
The Frugalista Files

I drop in for short times

October 12 2011, 4:16 PM 

However only at your website our computer tries to load all of the pages on the site while I visit making it slower than dial up which we do not have and rather frustrating. No one else has ever mentioned it on this board, so it must just happen to me. I have been trying to post a little bit more lately when I am able. If I think of a great topic I will post it.

2catsmom

Respond to this message   
Tnetter
(Login TxNet)

Nope, that doesn't happen to me

October 12 2011, 7:31 PM 

But I can see how it would be very frustrating.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

Respond to this message   

Penny in FL
(Login Bugpugmom)
The Frugalista Files

I'm actually checking in MORE

October 13 2011, 7:36 AM 

But I must be one of the few that are.

I guess I can brag about my DD's frugal birthday dinner. The gifts I got her were a necklace I made myself, a pair of socks I knitted, a travel mug bought on clearance for $3 (I think that was the price, it was in my gift stash and I've had it a while), a pair of PJ pants from a thrift store that had Snoopy on them ($1), and a picture frame with her birthstone on it, also from a thrift store but still unopened in the original box ($1).

There were 6 adults and 2 little ones in attendance. I made pepper steak from a chuck roast that cost $4, the other ingredients were $3 for 5 bell peppers (2 red, 3 green) and a can of tomatoes for 88 cents. Rice, $1. Corn, not sure of the price, it was the last of a large bag from Sam's, we'll call it $1. I used a cake mix (79 cents) and canned frosting ($1) bought on sale. There were the usual additions to the mix, eggs and oil. All told, looks like I fed that group for around $12, with leftovers.

Next up, my BFF's birthday. I'm almost finished knitting her sweater. After that is my son-in-law's birthday, I bought him 2 t shirts on clearance, $1 each. Then it's Christmas, which means I need to work harder at getting presents finished! I still have 8 pair of PJ pants to sew.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum