Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

FS March day 22

March 22 2012 at 4:55 AM

sheila  (Login SheilaPCT)
The Frugalista Files

Today is suppose to be our last nice day for a while- then dropping down to highs in the 50s (more normal for this time of year) so I am hoping to do some wash and line dry it and then get the kids to play out side after school. I have been working on going thru the spring stuff- I'm looking for PJs for DD, all she has in her room , that fits her, are those fleece footed sleepers and those are just too warm for now.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Penny in FL
(Login Bugpugmom)
The Frugalista Files

I feel slightly better

March 22 2012, 8:37 AM 

So I managed to get up a little early today. I washed a load of laundry before work and hung it to dry. I brought food from home for breakfast and lunch. My only real plans today are to go to the bank on the way home, stop at Sam's and get spinach (I think), pick up the grandson, and then go home and cook supper. A frriend is coming to help with him tonight since she knows both the baby and I are still sick, so if she's there to take care of him I might knit a little tonight. I haven't knitted in weeks, too sick and too busy. I'm working on an afghan as a birthday gift in August, I realize that's 5 months away but it will be here before I know it. Most of the yarn was given to me so it's a very frugal project but not if I don't finish it in time!

Respond to this message   

(Premier Login MaxineS)
Forum Owner

Change in plans

March 22 2012, 8:47 AM 

We'd planned to go to Harrison this morning and stay for two days so I could stain and varnish and DH could put up woodwork. However, we woke to 2 inches of snow and still coming down hard. Both roads there are problematic and we are on a hill and don't know if it's been plowed or sanded yet. So...we are staying home. I plan to clean the office and told DH I expected him to work as hard as I will!

Either way, dining out has STOPPED. I have no plans to spend ANY money.

Respond to this message   

(Premier Login MaxineS)
Forum Owner

The mail just came

March 22 2012, 12:33 PM 

My new Medicare advantage policy also allows me to order up to $10 worth of OTC drug items per month--free. My first order came today. I got a bottle of Maalox, a package of Azo and a roll of waterproof adhesive tape--free. They are generics, but I'm OK with that. FREE is a very good price!

Respond to this message   

sheila
(Login SheilaPCT)
The Frugalista Files

So nice out!

March 22 2012, 11:58 AM 

I managed to clean half of the inside of my fridge. Then i did a load of wash and it's drying, I brought two big bags of stuff to goodwill (Yeah!!!!!) and now I am watching my friends kid and later her other kids.... When I had just one of hers and one of mine here (kindergarteners) we went to the park for about an hour and they ran around and had fun. It was gonna be a no drive day but since it was so nice I figured the 2 or 3 mile trip to the park would not take much gas and since I was going out I grabbed that goodwill stuff to donate.

Thawed pork for dinner to make the sweet and sour with. Planning to make brown rice to go with that. Debating making a dessert... My house is a nice temp tho and I don't really know if I want to run the oven and warm it up....

Respond to this message   
Sandy in NJ
(Login SandyinMI)
The Frugalista Files

today

March 22 2012, 12:33 PM 

I met with our realtor to draw up offers on three homes we like. Then we'll see what comes back and decide. Ds had a half day at school, then an appointment to meet his new doctor. It's so lovely. The windows are open and we're enjoying the fresh air and sunshine. Dh will be home later from work today and tomorrow so dinners will be more lackadaisical affairs, probably spaghetti with marinara sauce and mozzarella on top today. Baked sounds good but I don't want to turn on the oven.

Respond to this message   
PJ
(Login ruralgirl)
The Frugalista Files

You should be on House Hunters (HGTV)

March 22 2012, 1:45 PM 

Then we could all view the houses and see your decision!! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - FS March day 22
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum