Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

FS Monday March 26th

March 26 2012 at 4:56 AM

sheila  (Login SheilaPCT)
The Frugalista Files

It's monday... where did the weekend go? DS2 seems to be coming down with this awful cough/cold that all the rest of us have been getting over.... poor kid. I set him up with Vicks and a humidifier and he is doing better. Seemed well enough for school but was coughing a lot last night.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080105001815/http://carfreeuniverse.org/Members/jeffreysawyer/livinginquiry

The above is an interesting link to a guy who lives/lived (?) the nomadic, "drop out" lifestyle... traveled the whole country on foot, vert interesting reading, but be warned, a little swearing in the content.

Today I am making pea soup and thawing some frozen bread dough to cook to go along with it, that should be dinner. I am watching my friends kids today and need to come up with a simple craft the girls (age 6) can do. I'm thinking either tissue paper flowers again or those coffee filter ones... they have been seeing a lot of each other and are getting bored.

I also plan to take a picture of the train table and all those Thomas trains I want to sell on craigs list.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
PJ
(Login ruralgirl)
The Frugalista Files

Got lots of work done over weekend

March 26 2012, 6:28 AM 

Friday we had a really warm day with just a breeze, so dh was able to get a lot of the yard sprayed. Then we trimmed trees and hauled off branches, we had a professional tree trimmer come and top 5 trees. He had a bucket truck so it was quite interesting to watch. He was in his 70's and really a nice guy. We paid him $965 and two dozen eggs! He was real happy to get the fresh eggs! We then had even more limbs to clear away, but it looks oh so much better and safer!

Saturday we hauled trash to the dump for the RV park and for ourself. Then we went to an auction, where a used 7 year old neptune dryer sold for $465. And a used washer that the owner had bought used, sold for $350. I wouldn't of believed it if I hadn't been there! Also a john deere lawn mover went for $1600 over the cost of buying a brand new one. Granted this one was last years model and had hardly been used, but to go over a new one, was ridiculous! Everything was selling way high, we left empty handed, except for a dog dish that dh almost ran over when we parked in the weeds across the road! I threw it in the picup! Then we had a birthday party to go to, and more tree clean up.

Sunday, more tree clean up, and dh and stepson put up a pole for the wifi stuff. The wind was blowing, which didn't make the job too easy! Got to meet stepson's new girlfriend. It was refreshing to meet someone with a head on her shoulders that wasn't worried about trying to impress anyone or keep up with the jones!

Today, cleaning house is all that I have planned so far. I'm pooped from the weekend!

Respond to this message   
Trina
(Login TrinaOR)
The Frugalista Files

The start of spring break

March 26 2012, 7:00 AM 

I will probably go to town today and get some tracing paper... I dont seem to have anything around here that will work to trace the baby dress pattern I want to make off.. I want to get Granddaughters coming home outfit done this week (she is due around May28th) but you never know with those little ones.
I need to get some house rearranging done this week to.. and spend some time with DD she is home from K Falls for the week. Its shaping up to be a busy week, nothing new I guess.

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."

Respond to this message   
Carol
(Login CTMOMto4)
The Frugalista Files

Another legal day

March 26 2012, 3:03 PM 

Spent the morning in court with STBX. We're making progress, moving in the right direction. More financial stability for me for the next few months, too. Yay! I still plan on being as frugal as possible, however, to build up an EF. Lawyer hopes that we can settle and be officially split within 3 months. Trying to stay positive here.

Dinner is real crabmeat impossible pie, a large tosssed salad.YUM!

Respond to this message   

(Premier Login MaxineS)
Forum Owner

House cleaning!

March 26 2012, 6:25 PM 

Today I went to Harrison to clean the cabin. I'd planned to do it this past weekend, but we didn't go because of snow. I have lunch guests there tomorrow, and needed to deal with DH's tools before then. Besides lots of PUPA, I dusted, swept and vacuumed. Looks good! It is bad enough that I have one messy house--no way am I going to have two!

I spent $2.09 at the grocery store--did not feel like messing up the kitchen to cook! Got home tonight just in time to cook meatballs for supper.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - FS Monday March 26th
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum