Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Blue Coral Upholstery Cleaner

April 25 2012 at 10:02 AM
Maxine  (Premier Login MaxineS)
Forum Owner

This is an automotive product that you can buy at automotive departments and parts stores. I learned about it years ago when reading TWG and have used it several times to remove tough stains and clean dirty furniture. When I re-read TWG recently, I realized I had both a half-used can and a difficult stain--gentian violet spilled on the rug. When nothing worked to remove the spots, I'd planned to have the rug patched, but hadn't gotten around to it. When I read about Blue Coral, I immediately tried it, and darned if I didn't lighten it. I left the can on the kitchen counter and DH works on the spots whenever he thinks about it. The stains are 90%-95% GONE now and we are both convinced that it is eventually going to do the job--the whole job.

Using that much foam cleaner in one place is bound to leave soapy residue to re-soil, but I'm having the rugs cleaned professionally in the next 5-6 weeks and it should take care of it.

Great product! We have used it successfully to clean dirty couches, too.

This message has been edited by MaxineS on Apr 25, 2012 10:02 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Sandy in NJ
(Login SandyinMI)
The Frugalista Files

wow

April 25 2012, 1:26 PM 

I can't imagine anything getting out gentian violet! I'll have to remember that if I have a tough stain.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum