Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

FS Monday day 11

June 11 2012 at 4:34 AM

sheila  (Login SheilaPCT)
The Frugalista Files

The weather does not look so hot today so no line drying.... DS2 has an outdoor field trip that might not be the most fun if it rains... my plans are to hit aldi for groceries and buy some dog food.... Then watch my friends kids after school- last time for that and I have to say I am pretty excited to be getting out of that..

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
PBinNY
(Login momtoelibet)
The Frugalista Files

Monday

June 11 2012, 4:49 AM 

The objective for today is to stay cool. It is going to be 90 degrees out. I have the slip and slide set up under a large shade tree. I I feel really ambitious this morning I will put away laundry. I will have a full house by 10AM so no major chores will be accomplished today.

Respond to this message   
Sandy in NJ
(Login SandyinMI)
The Frugalista Files

plans

June 11 2012, 4:56 AM 

Yesterday was HOT and I didn't sleep well at all. It was stuffy upstairs in our bedroom so I moved down to the family room couch where it was also unusually hot even though it was nice and cool outside. Around 3am I heard the boiler kick on and finally realized that the heat was on in the family room. It's an old dial thermostat just for that room and it must have gotten bumped during the day. It cooled off immediately (duh) and I slept well after that but it wasn't long enough.

I can't face wallpaper removal today so I'm going to run errands instead: city pool membership, school change information for ds, pick up window screens I ordered at the hardware store and maybe Home Depot to look for new handles and hinges for the kitchen. The cabinets are in great condition but the hardware is copper colored and worn so the base metal underneath is showing through the handles. I've considered spray painting them, but I don't think it would hold up well on parts that get so much use.

Respond to this message   
Trina
(Login TrinaOR)
The Frugalista Files

This is one those hand on by the knot and try to survive kinda days

June 11 2012, 7:00 AM 

Its the last day of Kindergarten, we are taking them to a park for a picnic and to play... the 1st graders are going to a water park which they will enjoy. It should be a fun day overall.

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."

Respond to this message   
LisaCNC
(Login Straitlover)
The Frugalista Files

Back to work today!

June 11 2012, 9:24 AM 

I ended up taking Thurs and Fri off last week to stay off my leg for awhile and to let the prednisone do its thing. I can tell some improvement; hopefully it won;t go back after walking around now. I did head to Walmart last night and got a cane. It helps keep pressure off the leg some walking long distances. I was actually able to get ready this morning w/o haivng to sit down once! I did have to prop my leg up occasionally to ease the tingling, but it's not quite as painful as it was. My hip/butt is significantly better.

No plans to spend any money today. I brought lunch w/ me, and I'll figure out something for supper when I get home this evening. I spent $40 at WM last night (cane [$11.87] and food), and that was all I spent since last Wed, so that's good. I was afraid I'd get bored at home and order stuff online, LOL!

I do have to stop off at the dump on the way home to drop off my trash. I had forgotten all about it in the car last Wednesday until last evening. Pee-eww! Temps had been around 90 which did not help. I tried to drop it off this AM, but the were changing out the container (this is a satellite site), and the line to get in was a mile long. So, I will have to do it on the way home, which means no stops anywhere because I have to get there before they close. Major airing out and air freshener is needed in the car. LOL!

Respond to this message   
Maxine
(Premier Login MaxineS)
Forum Owner

If it weren't for bad news I'd have no news at all.....

June 11 2012, 10:14 AM 

(Sung to the tune of the "Hee Haw" song, "Gloom, despair and agony on me")

So far today:
(1) Aunt called from AZ and none of them are coming to the family reunion we are hosting in August, and THEY were the main reason we were going to do it. DH's cousin broke her hip and in August has to have her shoulder repaired of damage from the same fall.

(2) DS called and can't hang out with his dad tonight because he tripped over a plaster cast at work and popped his back.

(3) The sample I gave to the doc in the box Friday night was contaminated and they have no idea whether I have a UTI. Trust me...I have a UTI!

All of this before 8:30 a.m.!

My plans for the day are to clean up the Christmas crap and store it properly. Since I mentioned this on the board a day or so ago, it has become a priority in my thinking. It just nudges me all the time. That's good, I think!

I think I may have come up with a good small habit to cultivate. Our cars are always a mess--rolling pig sties. Last night, when we got home, I made DH and DD--along with myself, of course--gather up an armload of crap and DEAL WITH IT. DD foraged around for pop cans, since they are easy to deal with. DH brought in the rain gear from Special Olympics, and it is all dealt with. I brought in a couple of big pans from the gourmet dinner and they are soaking in the sink right now. So, the habit I'm cultivating is BA's grandma's mantra: Do One Extra Thing. In this case, anytime I get out of the car, I'm going to bring in something that doesn't belong there, and put it away. And if anyone else is with me, they are, too.

I'm off to make a phone call and finish off Christmas for another...6 months??? Better late than never, although having it out next December would be handy.....

Respond to this message   
Maxine
(Premier Login MaxineS)
Forum Owner

A little more on this subject

June 11 2012, 10:46 AM 

I have met Don Aslett, the cleaning guru, several times. (He lives in ID). Twice it was in the airport in Boise when we sat next to each other. Now this guy is somewhere between a little OCD and a lot OCD, LOL. However, he told me that whenever he gasses up his car, he cleans it out while waiting for the pump to finish. He keeps a cloth in the car to dust the inside. This is all well and good if all of your crap is garbage--and some of mine always is--but harder if you are driving around with stuff that you either don't want to put away, or don't know where to put it.

Respond to this message   
PaulaF in CO
(Login PaulaF-in-CO)
The Frugalista Files

Rolling pig sty. Yep, I get that!

June 11 2012, 11:30 AM 

My car gets trashed so quickly. Anytime we go anywhere, it's a minimum of 2 hours in the car round trip, which means that I bring milk and snacks everywhere we go. We went to a graduation party yesterday. I thought we'd be home by 5 or 6...we got home at 9:30! My car this morning was trashed. I can so relate to the rolling pig sty. That describes my car perfectly when I went out there this morning: sippy cups, half eaten pieces of cheese, spilled pretzels everywhere, a bag of M&Ms that my cousin sent home with my DD, sun hats, rain jackets, diaper bag, water bottles....

Respond to this message   
glenda
(Login glendaMO)
Moderators

My pig sty is located

June 11 2012, 11:35 AM 

at the front door, or on the island in the kitchen...

like you, we returned home from a picnic late, around 10pm, carried in a cooler and 2 baskets, put the food into the frig, and the rest STILL sits on the island, awaiting my attention, I'm avoiding it until a future time.

So, while I may get it out of the car, it doesn't mean it all gets dealt with effectively.

Respond to this message   
PJ
(Login ruralgirl)
The Frugalista Files

Rolling Pig Sties!! LOL

June 11 2012, 11:15 AM 

You are just too funny, Maxine!!!

My dh is a little OCD when it comes to the vehicles, all have a small trash can in them! Which I think is a little bit on the weird, but it does keep the trash contained! lol

Respond to this message   
glenda
(Login glendaMO)
Moderators

My car...

June 11 2012, 11:30 AM 

Trash exits the car when I exit the car - dh gives me grief over it, but if there is a soda bottle, or trash reciept, or napkins..., when I get out to go into WM, or the grocery store, or a restaurant, or work, the trash is in my hand, and deposited into the first receptacle visible to me along the way.

When I get home, the car is emptied of things that don't belong...

That being said, I have a collection of things that 'belong' in the car 24/7, reuseable bags, a booster seat for grand, and a blanket, and usually my camera.

I like the idea of keeping a dust rag in the car!

Dh does not follow my example, so when I climb into his truck, I usually have to remove the trash from my seat to sit down - after giving him grief over it. wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Maxine
(Premier Login MaxineS)
Forum Owner

About the Christmas decor...

June 11 2012, 1:52 PM 

Part of it was already organized and put away. When I went downstairs to attack the rest of it, I couldn't figure out what I had been trying to accomplish. So...I just boxed everything up, put it away, and I'm done until next Christmas. I'll sort through and figure it out then. True, I didn't do a good job...but I DID IT and I feel better about the whole thing now. I could have done this 6 months ago, but I made the mistake of wanting it perfect. Little by little, I am cleaning up my messes. (Remember when your kids were little and they would make messes so big that they couldn't clean them up themselves? I feel that way a lot!).

Respond to this message   
PJ
(Login ruralgirl)
The Frugalista Files

So far,

June 11 2012, 11:55 AM 

I got up with dh, fixed breakfast, and started some laundry. We are in a real pickle on what to do with our pool. The saltwater system keeps alarming that its low on salt, but we have added salt and the test strips say it has enough. So I may just call the manufacturer today.

I hardly slept last night, I have a chicken with puffy feet, and I'm thinking it's bumble feet. So I was up half the night wondering what to do. Actually I should just catch her and examine her feet really good. But I'm pretty sure that is what it is. I watched some you tube vidios on how to do surgery on it. That may be the last resort!! It's pretty gross!

After dh left for work, I went to the rv park to hoe some weeds. We have grass burrs up there pretty bad and the spray that was supposed to kill them hasn't. So while I'm up there, one resident is packing and leaving for Montana! Apparently he can make a zillion bucks up there, so I wish them a safe trip and good luck!! With the wind blowing like a hurricane, I hope they make it out of here safely! I am going to hit dh up about making a garden spot in one area up there. I think the residents would enjoy some fresh tomatoes and whatever else we can get started.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum