Click here for recipes!

Click here for the archives!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Did you ever wake up and just KNOW it's gonna be a Struggle Day?

June 15 2012 at 4:48 AM
  (Login BethannM)
Moderators

I can feel it. I have not done anything other than the farm chores this morning. I am going to pat myself on the back for that, force something healthy down my throat, and keep putting one foot in front of the other. Today I wish I had my meds. Today I wish I didn't have to work. Today I just want to go lie out in the sun or float in the pool or do anything other than Be Responsible.

Today is gonna suck. But I am aware of it upfront, so it will be less sucky than a sucky day that sneaks up on me. So I guess I'll just cling to that and be thankful that there is always tomorrow.

Blessings,

Bethann
Matthew 6:33
http://gettingtheresimply.blogspot.com/

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." --Will Rogers

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Trina
(Login TrinaOR)
The Frugalista Files

YES!

June 15 2012, 5:32 AM 

And when they hit... I do what I have to do, try not to be too hard on myself for not doing everything I THINK I should...one of my Mantras is "This to shall pass" and there are days I say it continually;> I hope your day improves and is not nearly as sucky as you think it might be... Hugs to you:>

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."

Respond to this message   
Lori in MA
(Login Earth_Wanderess)
The Frugalista Files

Yes

June 15 2012, 6:00 AM 

On those kind of days I have taught myself to just do the bare minimum I need to so I can make it through work. It doesn't always work and I want to crawl under a rock. Nothing seems to make it better (so I won't say, 'hope it gets better' happy.gif).I notice those days seem to drag and take longer for the day to pass.

Respond to this message   
Kim
(Login KimAB)
The Frugalista Files

Yeah, yesterday

June 15 2012, 9:09 AM 

and again today. I have a couple nights at home, now, and then should help. Then I work one night and the client goes to camp so I have 6 nights off.

Then it is back to regular life and busy-ness of moving her and setting up a new group home. :-|

Respond to this message   

Penny in FL
(Login Bugpugmom)
The Frugalista Files

Oh yeah

June 15 2012, 2:02 PM 

Today could have easily shaped up to be one of those. It was hard to put myself in the right mindset and stay there. BA, you and I share the same faith, so you'll understand this. I spent 10 minutes praying before I stepped out of my car and went into my office today. It helped.

Respond to this message   
BethannM
(Login BethannM)
Moderators

I found a way to make it a bit better

June 15 2012, 4:17 PM 

but I lost work hours. sad.gif One of my clients was terribly ill. She didn't cancel because of the court order, so I did not stay long at all. I went to Subway and bought a $5.50 footlong and ate THE WHOLE THING (stupid! but yummy! and healthy except for all that gluten). Then I went home, put on my swim suit, took my bed pillow and a blanket outside and laid out on the deck and took a short power nap. Then I got in the pool and vacuumed the whole thing. And then I swam two laps.

And then, for my next client appointment, I cut that appointment short. But seriously, there was nothing else to do with her today, so we really were done.

I'm going to make a couple of calls tonight to schedule a couple of appointments for tomorrow. I don't have my minimum hours in for this week. But today...I was DONE....

Getting ready to take the grands in the pool. mommy is coming too, so I get to just enjoy them, no pressure.

Blessings,

Bethann
Matthew 6:33
http://gettingtheresimply.blogspot.com/

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." --Will Rogers

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Did you ever wake up and just KNOW it's gonna be a Struggle Day?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum