QUINOA RECIPESDecember 18 2010 at 12:07 PM
3 cups chicken stock
1 Tbsp chili paste
1 cup of quinoa, rinsed and drained
3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
1/2 tsp cracked black peppercorns
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
3 bell peppers, seeded and cut in thin strips (I prefer red pepper, but whatever pepper pleases you!)
2 Tbsp sherry vinegar (I use cider vinegar)
1/4 finely chopped parsley (I omit)
Cook the quinoa according to directions on the package
In the wok- heat 1 Tbsp olive oil, med heat. Add peppercorns and stir well. Add chicken and cook. Remove it from the wok.
Add remaining olive oil to pan. Add garlic and cook. When it turns golden add bell peppers. Add stock and vinegar and reduce stock by half. Return chicken to the pan and toss until it is heated through.
Serve on a bed of cooked quinoa. If you serve it on a platter make a dent in the centre of the quinoa. I prefer to dish each person separately.
Per serving 418 nutrient rice calories
Edited by Max only to change message title
|This message has been edited by MaxineS on Feb 3, 2011 10:46 AM|
- Quinoa Recipes - Kim on Dec 18, 2010, 12:16 PM
- Quinoa breakfasts - Kim on Dec 20, 2010, 7:07 AM
- curried sweet potato and quinoa soup - Kim on Dec 20, 2010, 7:21 AM
- Vegan quinoa chili - Kim on Dec 20, 2010, 7:37 AM
- What is quinoa and why should I eat it? - Kim on Dec 20, 2010, 7:52 AM
- Quinoa Tabbouleh - Maxine on Apr 3, 2011, 6:27 PM