Pellet Groups

by Riverrat77

So.... bought a five screw mount to put my little Tasco scope on the airgun because I'd read a lot about regular scopes getting shaken to bits. I have a Gamo Hornet (says 1000 fps with lead on the barrel). Was shooting Crosman standard 4.5mm pointed field pellets. Mounted the scope, seemed fine, picture was clear. I had the old crappy "package deal" scope on there before and could reliably hit tennis ball sized targets out to about 40 yards with these pointed pellets, even though the scope gave you something of a fisheye look when you look down range. The new Tasco came off a .22 I had and is crystal clear. Went to sight it in, because I figured there would be some flight difference in the pellets and a .22 bullet. Man, I can't get these pellets to group at all. I'll have two somewhat close and then the third is a flyer. Is this just inconsistency in the pellet? Cheap pellets? I shot probably fifty rounds through the rifle last night and it was the same with every group. Not even close to accurate. Suggestions? Should I try domed pellets? Heavier pellets? I've heard good things about the Destroyer line of pellets. Anyone else had good luck with those? I love shooting the rifle, at both small game and just cans plinking around with the kids but I won't shoot it at anything the way its going right now. Thanks for the advice.

Posted on Mar 18, 2015, 5:12 AM
from IP address 168.178.85.37

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement