Home again and loving it

by Erik Schobitz

Dear Classmates,

I just wanted to say hello and to thank those who prayed for us during the war. I returned home on August 9th and am finishing a prolonged vacation. We have been blessed to have a full month off and visited family in VA and then went to Disney World.

I have seen or spoken with several classmates over the last few weeks. Joel and Beth Clingenpeel are well - Joel has started a Peds ER fellowship at Vanderbilt where Beth is an Assistant Professor of Psychology. Since my application is pending there as well, the possibility of taking orders from him exists in the near future:-) Keith Susko and Tara Jenner have a lovely daughter Sierra and it appears that the stork has struck again - keep them in your thoughts and prayers! They now live in FT Meyers, FL and I hope to see them in November when we have a reunion of the officers from my battalion who fought the war in Naples - about 45 minutes south of there. Finally, I spoke with Carolyn Menendez today - she and Raul are well, along with their daughter Lauren. They are job hunting and may end up living in Maine depending on the job market / offers post surgical residency.

For me, I am thankful to have lived through this ordeal and will finish my Army obligation / service this June. I am applying for a Peds ER fellowship and will know where we are moving after match day in December. Monique, Anastasia, and Nikulas are well - three year old twins keep you on your toes but they are the best thing that has ever happened to us.

I wish you all the best and was so happy to see Doug Smith over there, and much more happy to know that he has safely returned. I will be in tidewater for Halloween (W&M homecoming), Christmas, and again in May so anyone who will also be there, I would love to see you and say hello.

Best of Luck with everything,
Erik

Posted on Sep 13, 2003, 6:28 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Glad to hear that you are well!. , Nov 24, 2003
  2. Thank you. , Jan 5, 2004
  3. Carolyn Menendez. , Mar 26, 2008

Find more forums on EducationCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement