OverallJuly 6 2012 at 5:13 PM
388C(Dave) (Login built351c)
from IP address 184.108.40.206
Response to got the headers
The project took alot longer then I thought it would. Key things I did was:
1. I ordered my 4r70w(Came with the Optishift controller) from a shop. Did my checking around and found Broader Performance. Talked to Jay about my needs. Very helpful.
2. I ordered my kit from Joe Persad which included. Shift linkage rod (Allows me to keep my orginal shifter in car) , Range sensor relocator, and transmission mount. Worked great just had to rotate the shift linkage 180.
3. Had to have drive shaft shorten 1 3/8 and a 4r70w yoke put on it. Drive shaft shop put it together for me.
4. Used my same fly wheel since it was a 164 tooth and same starter. Bolted right up.
5. Had to buy the Tps (Throttle position sensor) kit from Baumann. It was supposed to work on a holley. I modified it to work on the Mighty demon carb I have. Just had to cut the bracket on the Tps so it would fit around my vacumn ports on the demon.
6. Hooker supercomps would not work. Only shortie headers I could find was Sandersons. Other then the bolt hole problem. Nice set of headers. They got them to me as promised the second time I talked to them. First time they told me they were in stock and would ship the next day... Didnt happen that way. Would buy from again though. They did send new header bolts and the Exhaust flanges for the exhaust with the headers.
7. Had to find a way to hook up the computer to my ignition source. Not to many on a older car. I did not want to splice in wires under the dash. Instead I ordered Painless wiring kit # 70207 Aux.Fuse Block 7 Circuit. Gave me the options I needed for extra switches and my fuel pump.
8. With the Optishift they send you a program to put on a computer. I put it on my lap top. Very helpful in seeing what is going on with the transmission and allows you to customize the transmission with two different program settings. I had a Full throttle error when I first hooked everything up. It turned out the TPS has to be switched up a little bit when its hooked to the carb. You cannot leave it in the neutral position. I found that out when I hooked the lap top to it. Now it works good because its getting a signal from the tps when the throttle is closed and when its full open.
9. Almost forgot had to cut three tabs off the transmission in order for it to fit in the tunnel on my 69 mustang. Sawzall works good for that.
10. Things I still need to do. Hook up the exhaust and fix my speedometor. They do not make a gear for 3.89 will have to use a after market ratio adaptor to correct it.
Will add more later if I can think of it.
|This message has been edited by built351c from IP address 220.127.116.11 on Jul 6, 2012 5:20 PM|
This message has been edited by built351c from IP address 18.104.22.168 on Jul 6, 2012 5:16 PM