A Rick Potvin Forum | Does Zmax Work? | www.rickpotvin.com | rick_potvin@yahoo.com

Return to Index  

Week Design.

October 6 2002 at 11:24 AM
No score for this post
C. D. Fisher  (Login thepolarfox)
from IP address 63.229.194.199

Response to Yadda yadda idiot

Mercedes cars are some of the most durable and well engineered in the world. Did you know the AVERAGE volvo lasts 18.6 years - and 223,000 miles. That is the average. How is that for a european cars. My volvo has 176,000 miles on it - and is yet to have needed a major repair - and I have needed no magic juice either. I like american cars - but in terms of durability, they are simply not up to spec with their european and japanese counterparts. Speaking of engineering and efficency, your Silverado features the GM Vortec 5300 engine. This is a small block V-8 utilizing a block mounted single camshaft and pushrod valvetrain layout. You should know that this system has both higher friction and greater intertia properties than an overhead cam and belt/chain/ system. If you asked me - that would equate to inferior efficency. You probably already knew that right? Maybe you should learn exactly how a standard automotive Otto cycle engine functions.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement