A Rick Potvin Forum | Does Zmax Work? | www.rickpotvin.com | rick_potvin@yahoo.com

Return to Index  

The ZMax Challenge! Does it work? Let's see!

October 29 2002 at 7:23 PM
No score for this post
Jack S.  (no login)
from IP address 67.224.11.94

I saw the informecial for z-max with all these people saying this snake oil works. When I saw the one testimonial from the guy with the chevy rape van who said "I needed a new engine, my rings were shot, but z-max changed all that...blah, blah, blah" I figured it might not hurt to try it. Now here's the test. I own a 1983 Chevy Malibu Station Wagon with a 3.8 v-6. I paid $450 for this car, to use as a shop vehicle. It has 190,000 miles and has never had the engine rebuilt. It has one bad ring, blow by, bad valve seals, leaking gaskets, fouled plugs, tapping lifters and so on. I figured if Z-max could do something for this car, it's a true miracle additive. So I bought the stuff and added it. Here are my instant results. The Z-Max engine additive improved the idling of the car, making it a lot smoother at idle. But the product did fail to quiet engine noise. It seemed to stop the car from smoking, at least temporarily. I did feel a slight increase in compression. As for emissions, visually it seemed to stop any smoke. I can't vouch for if this gross polluter will now pass the dreaded CA emiisions inspection, which it has continually failed. Now for the fuel additive. It seems to have improved the gas mileage somewhat, but nothing that any $1.99 bottle of stp fuel additive can't do. My package did not come with the transmission additive, so I can't post any results. It would be interesting to see what z-max could do for my $200 vocational school rebuild transmission, that clunks, slips and leaks! I'll post more info as I continue to test this product on the "VEHICLE OF DEATH!"

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement