Return to Index  

UFC 148 aka "I'll Break All Of Your Teeth"

June 28 2012 at 7:46 AM

(Login JBaker826)
UpInClass Member

I am a fair weather MMA fan. I have tried, but it is just not the same as boxing. Then again boxing is not the same boxing, at least the kind I remember. However, I do like to watch the large personalities go at it, in both boxing and MMA. The most interesting rivalry in the fight game right now is Anderson Silva v. Chael Sonnen. They are going to go at it on July 7 in UFC 148, which I will be buying.

By way of backstory, Silva beat Sonnen in their previous match. Sonnen has been taunting Silva mercilessly and begging for a rematch. Sonnen is the best trash talker in the game, if not all of sports. Apparently he has gotten inside Silva's head. The problem- Silva is widely regarded as the best MMA fighter in the world. The normally mild mannered Silva has either decided he will play ball in the promotion game or is genuinely pissed. Here are some of the comments he made this week.

"What I'm going to do inside the Octagon is something that's going to change the image of the sport," the Portuguese-speaking Silva said through his translator and manager Ed Soares. "I'm going to make sure every one of his teeth are broken, his arms are broken, his legs are broken.

"He's not going to be able to walk out of the Octagon by himself. I can guarantee that."

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/8099793/chael-sonnen-brushes-anderson-silva-threats

Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Re: UFC 148 aka "I'll Break All Of Your Teeth" Jun 28, 2012, 1:59 PM
 Re: UFC 148 aka "I'll Break All Of Your Teeth" Jun 28, 2012, 2:30 PM
 Re: UFC 148 aka "I'll Break All Of Your Teeth" Jul 5, 2012, 8:51 AM
 ufc 148mattcollJul 7, 2012, 9:30 PM
 Re: UFC 148 aka "I'll Break All Of Your Teeth" Jul 7, 2012, 10:59 PM
 Re: UFC 148 aka "I'll Break All Of Your Teeth" Jul 8, 2012, 12:58 PM