<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

more more nfl

December 16 2010 at 6:13 PM
spiderjohn  (Login spiderjohn)
UpInClass Member

SF +8.5 @ SD
9ers seem to be rounding into their best form, and still have a strong shot to make the playoffs.
Alex Smith might actually play 2 good games consecutively.
Chargers are doing better, but I am waiting for the wheels to come off.
Even if they win by a td, I still get the $$.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
big18741
(Login big18741)
UpInClass Member

Re: more more nfl

December 16 2010, 8:07 PM 

I just grabbed +10

spiderjohn
(Login spiderjohn)
UpInClass Member

December 17 2010, 7:03 AM 

ugh--+20 wasn't enough last night
fortunately wasn't able to watch--watched the latest EC Crossroads video from last year--very boring
cabin fever here

starting off in the hole

HOUSTON +1 @ Tenn
neither team has anything to play for. Should be cold. Titans seem at the end of the Fisher era, Vince Young era, and probably more. Texans still seem to want to move forward and probably have some up-side.

CINCY -1 vs.Cleveland
Probably my largest play, expecting the Bungles to squeeze one more meaningless win out of a disappointing lost season. Marvin will be gone--same with TO Ocho and probably Benson, along with lesser names. Unfortunately the Brown family will remain. Browns have much more going their way. With McCoy and Hillis anchoring the O, they can move forward next year if they grab some more talent. TO or Ocho? Blacked out locally--unbelievable for this rivalry. Weather sucks here.

PHILLY +3 @ NYGiants
Grabbing the # in what should actually be an interesting, competitive, yalen ted and important game. A rarety this season.

DALLAS -6 vs.Washington
Skins may not show up at all,while the Boys still want to show that they matter(I think).
Dallas plays better with Kitna anyway.

BALTIMORE -1 vs.NO
Small # and the Ravens really need the win--even more than the Saints. Balt has enough O power, is coming off a tough late loss that was emotionally and physically draining. Counting on the home team to better handle the outdoor conditions.

NYJETS +6 @ Pitt
Time for the Jets to right their ship, even though the wheels seem to be coming off and thir seiously bad mojo for tripping. In-excusable. Hopefully too many points in a close game. Another larger wager here.

2 KEY PLAYS
CINCINNATI -1
NYJETS +6

good luck to everyone, especially spanky big showard and sammy
stay safe and warm
most importantly remember the theme of the season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WybIhLJjlTY

big18741
(Login big18741)
UpInClass Member

December 17 2010, 8:28 PM 

ST LOUIS +1

Got it at this price whether it's Cassell or Croyle.Game time decision but I prefer the Rams either way.Chiefs just 2-5 on the road while the Rams have been in every game at home.Blowout vs Atlanta was closer than on the scoreboard.

DETROIT +5.5

Tampa figures to have trouble putting the scrappy Lions away.Detroit might even get off the 0-26 schneid this week but at least this one should be tight.

SEATTLE +6 BEST BET

Prime situation for Atlanta to come in flat enough to get upset or at least be a tight game.Third straight road game-long winning streak with New Orleans up next.Tough for them to be focused on the Seahawks off their last game vs the Niners.

NYJETS +6

The hair is out-he's the Steelers MVP.Should be a tight conservatively played game down to the wire.Points look good here.

(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

December 18 2010, 6:52 AM 

Titans +1 vs. Texans
Dome team headed to play in the elements with nothing to play for. Fischer coaches them up here.

CINCY -1 vs.Cleveland
Agree with Spider here although Cincy is never a bargain.

Giants -3 vs. Philly
Giants at home with a better D is an autoplay for me. Sure, I may be influenced by a certain QB but I expect his play to degress as teams make him move to his right.

DALLAS -6 vs.Washington
This is gonna be fun. No mercy Garrett, no mercy! Line has to go up I would think. Grabbed at this number.

BALTIMORE -1 vs.NO
Saints are hot but they cool off here before starting an ending season run fore the playoffs. No repeat in the SB this year IMO but the Ravens do not intimidate anyone now.

NYJETS +6 @ Pitt
Without Big Hair, as somebody pointed out, this D is not the same. I'll take the points in a FG game.

big18741
(Login big18741)
UpInClass Member

December 18 2010, 8:38 AM 

Two games that kinda smell bad so be careful:

Dallas -
Oakland -

Tough to have either Washington or Denver but it is the NFL and we know how that goes.Division road dogs late in the year usually do pretty good ATS even if they look like trash going in.

A lotta New Orleans money this week-so maybe Baltimore is the way to look.

My cabbage is on St Louis,Detroit,Seahags,NYJets.

John Fleming
(Login thundergulch95)
UpInClass Member

December 18 2010, 9:20 AM 

Three teams on a third straight road game this week. Usually not a good thing it has happend twice this season and the road team is one and one vs the spread. The three teams this week are the Falcons Broncos and browns. Will have a wager on the three teams that they are playing.

showard
(Login showard)
UpInClass Member

December 19 2010, 11:54 AM 

Az/Car o37.5: enough running game to put up some pts and both QBs should combine to give away 10-14.

Oak/Den o42: even if it's a blowout either way both teams would continue to put up pts. Feeling that Tebow aint gonna enjoy meeting McClain again.

TB -4: line dropped just enough to play against Stanton.

Be careful with those skins. Dallas 5-0 ats under Garret and Shanahan is tanking to try and win the Ryan Mallet sweepstakes.

(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

December 19 2010, 1:26 PM 

I'm thinking Rat wants Andrew Luck, not Mallet... but either will work...whomever takes the Heisman winner will discover they have the next Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, Rex Grossman, or Jamarcus Russell, etc...IMO..

What Shanahan and Snyder have done with the 'Skins should be considered a criminal act. I'm sure Dell would agree. While it couldn't happen to a more deserving turd than Fat Albert, I do have a bit of empathy for McNabb...or at least as much as I can have for an ex-Eagle and current REDSKIN...LOL.

showard
(Login showard)
UpInClass Member

December 19 2010, 2:32 PM 

unless they do a Ricky Williams type trade, luck will be long gone by the time the skins pick.
They should be able to lock up the 2nd qb with a 5-11 record.

big18741
(Login big18741)
UpInClass Member

December 19 2010, 5:42 PM 

Either Rex Grossman was really good or that Dallas defense is just plain awful.Leaning toward the latter-they've given up 30 or more in a ton of games.

Both teams are a mess moving forward.Perception is that Dallas is in so much better shape but are they really?

(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

December 19 2010, 8:07 PM 

Playing the Pats to roll tonight...Brady and Belichick have been there and done that and the Bears...are the Bears...solid in the NFC division race but the AFC top shelf is...well, top shelf. Pats by 14

Dallas is at least entertaining and that's about all I can say right now....

(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

December 20 2010, 9:27 AM 

wow, guess I was right on the button except for naming the WRONG OPPONENT!...lol...packers, bears...bears packers...oh well....

profitable day and at first glance looks like everyone made a little money...Pats vs. Eagles in the Super Bowl maybe? I have to wonder when, not if, the Giants get rid of Tom Coughlin...what say G-Men fans? And I hope you got to watch the Redskins/Cowboys game Dell...not exactly a classic but what a finish...at least Garrett seems to be luckier than Wade Phillips, which, as we know, is better than being good!

Can anyone out there confirm this is REALLY the cover of the NY Post?...I gotta have a copy of this...Oh those crazy New Yorkers...lol
lol

[linked image]

spider
(Login spiderjohn)
UpInClass Member

December 20 2010, 11:21 AM 

2-2 on small wagers yesterday--2-3 counting the 9er mess.

Loaded up on the Bungles -1, and they barely held on to win by 2.
Re-loaded on the Jets +5, and enjoyed that one also.
End of the Giants/Eagles game was un-believeable. Glad to be on the right side of that one!

El Paso 2nite.

good luck everyone!

showard
(Login showard)
UpInClass Member

December 20 2010, 8:20 PM 

How do you make a profit going 1-2? Easy. Just accidentally click "under" when you meant to click "over." happy.gif
Way Ive been playing, I outta reverse all my picks.

Playing CHi -6.5 and o34.5. Bad footing tougher on the D than the O. And Favre should be worth an extra 3.5 for the Bears.

Big,
How is Dallas in better shape than Wash? Aint enough bandwidth to begin to explain...

How 'bout the Chiefs!!!

Spanky
(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

December 20 2010, 11:49 PM 

"How is Dallas in better shape than Wash? Ain't enough bandwidth to begin to explain..."

LOL Seth...nominated for best line in the 2010 Basement.

Just can't wait to see what rules changes are coming in the NFL. How long will the fans keep laying down hard earned money for a game that will no doubt come up with more rules to increase scoring while making QB safety a priority because that's the position that, frankly, determines how big the Golden Egg is at the end of the season...you can not win in the NFL without a good QB. No wins = empty seats which = lighter bottom line.

One rule change should be the ability to call time out as the kickers foot approaches the football on a field goal attempt. I happen to think that it's much like missing a putt and trying it again...you usually make the 2nd attempt. Freezing a kicker is so bush league.

Any rules anybody else find annoying and/or would like to see changed?

Current Topic - more more nfl  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index