<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Just to break up the Spanky run on threads ;-)

February 28 2012 at 8:42 AM

Ziggy  (Login BroadBrush)
Stewards

David Sylvian (from Japan if you remember them) with Fripp and a couple other Crimson artists, Pat, drums, Trey (Chapman stick or Warr Guitar)

Z~i~g~g~y~

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
spiderjohn
(Login spiderjohn)
UpInClass Member

Re: Just to break up the Spanky run on threads ;-)

February 28 2012, 8:46 AM 

hey zig--
we have former YES front-man Jon Anderson coming in to our 440-seat hall(superior acoustics) to do a solo show this Sat.
if u can make it, you sit front/center on me!
anyone ever seen/heard this guy solo?
not being much of a YES man or a fan of his voice, I have no idea as to what to expect

Ziggy
(Login BroadBrush)
Stewards

February 28 2012, 9:29 AM 

My sister saw the show, loved it but then she is a FAN wink.gif. If I could make it I would.

I woulda coulda should have gone with sis but seats were $70 a pop which just seemed a tad high no matter how much I like Jon and I hadn't been to that venue yet. Part of the problem then and if I tried to go Saturday is that I have mobility issues. On my first trip to Ram's Head I was still a bull headed moron and tried to walk from the garage to the venue with just my cane on a hot Md day and on freaking cobblestones. I'm not sure what I looked like by time we got there but never had so many people offer to help before.

FYI, I'm a rare bird ..... been to a concert that had more people than have what I do worldwide. Limits walking and I'd like to say 'walking any distance' but the slowly progressive part is cutting into that. Here's a real kicker too, but I'd be willing to bet everything your doctor never heard of it (lots of fun getting diagnosed). LOL I'd be the Sheldon Cooper of the HSP world if you knocked off the researchers.

Plus I'm kind of trying to see new groups or ones I missed (Toad the Wet Sprocket). And I've seen Jon and Yes more than anyone else and well not sure what I'd think of him alone, expecting the crescendo of music that usually accompanies that wonderful voice. Now if this was Jon and Rick, there in a heartbeat wink.gif (they were touring but the show here was on a bad night, couldn't go)

Thanks for the offer though. Rare that I turn down a concert (cringing as I think about Pink Floyd)

Z~i~g~g~y~

This message has been edited by BroadBrush on Feb 28, 2012 9:47 AM

Ziggy
(Login BroadBrush)
Stewards

Theo Travis w/ Fripp

February 28 2012, 9:42 AM 

T.T. is British saxophonist and flautist

Z~i~g~g~y~

Ziggy
(Login BroadBrush)
Stewards

Eno w/ Robert

February 28 2012, 9:50 AM 

Z~i~g~g~y~

Ziggy
(Login BroadBrush)
Stewards

Joe Satriani, Stevie Vai w/ Bobby

February 28 2012, 10:02 AM 

KC's Red

Z~i~g~g~y~

Ziggy
(Login BroadBrush)
Stewards

Tool and Bob

February 28 2012, 10:09 AM 

Ziggy
(Login BroadBrush)
Stewards

OK no bob but we have Allan

February 28 2012, 10:14 AM 

a nice mixture of progressive artists .... want to see Allan Holdsworth the fella featured
2010 Holdsworth, Bozzio, Levin, Mastelotto Live in HD Solo Compilation, Seattle January 2nd

Z~i~g~g~y~

Ziggy
(Login BroadBrush)
Stewards

Allan, Soft Machine

February 28 2012, 10:36 AM 

Z~i~g~g~y~

spiderjohn
(Login spiderjohn)
UpInClass Member

February 28 2012, 10:59 AM 

$30 per head for Anderson here, with no bad seats in a hall that is acoustically perfect.
Plus we can meet the guy afterwards

unfortunately I might miss the show for the state hs hoops tourney

Ziggy
(Login BroadBrush)
Stewards

February 28 2012, 12:30 PM 

You're killing me wink.gif ...... met musicians at 2 of my last 3 shows and probably didn't at the other one only because we couldn't hang. As much as I'd love to I just can't see it ...... though did see he's playing here too, Baltimore Soundstage which I had never heard of. Now that one I might be able to talk Ina into so the gf gets to go too. I've got to see if their site works better in IE as it just kept hanging on me in Firefox.

Got to love this area, deer in the backyard, turkeys, hawks, chipmunks, a choice of 5 tracks to visit live any given Saturday, 2 in one if you're willing PIM to CT, bout an hour ride home and then there's all the places to see music, too many to list. This one was fun ...... everyone thought I was tripping

[linked image]

Z~i~g~g~y~

Current Topic - Just to break up the Spanky run on threads ;-)  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index