<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Best Record In Baseball!!

May 7 2012 at 4:07 PM
Stephen Levinson  (Login orioleboy)
UpInClass Member

So here we are, a month and a half into the baseball season, and who has the best record; the BALTIMORE ORIOLES!
Have to admit I'm a little shocked but I'm enjoying the ride. Their pitching has been unbelievable with a team ERA under 3.00 and the bullpen has been unhittable. I know they usually start out good and then go into a mid season swoon, but I think this year will be different. Yankees pitching stinks and with Mariano out they have to score 6 runs a game to win. The Red Sox also stink. The Rays are the best team in the division. The Orioles haven't played them yet but so far are 10-5 against the AL East.
Go Birds.
Steve

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
'shoes
(Login wshoes)
UpInClass Member

Re: Best Record In Baseball!!

May 7 2012, 4:47 PM 

Enjoy it Steve. As a long time Tigers fan who stuck with them thru a long lean period, I know how gratifying it is when things turn.

'shoes

Stephen Levinson
(Login orioleboy)
UpInClass Member

May 7 2012, 9:41 PM 

Am I a jinx or what? Currently getting destroyed by Texas 14-3. There goes that ERA .
Steve

Spanky
(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

May 8 2012, 12:19 PM 

Texas pulls even w/ the O's @ 19-10...time for The Cooler to do his thang!...lol

slihawk
(Login slihawk)
UpInClass Member

May 8 2012, 2:50 PM 

Congrats Steve, you guys have the best manager in baseball
The O's also adpoted the Tampa Bay plan and now its starting to turn
I hope the O's and Rays battle all year and leave the Bankees and Soxs in their dust
Blue Jays aren't bad either

Hows everyone been Spank and crew

Spanky
(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

Hey NIck!

May 9 2012, 1:17 PM 

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2012/05/josh-hamilton-four-home-runs-rangers-free-agency/1#.T6q_WMWRLM8

What's up my Floridian friend? I have to respectfully disagree and say that your own Coach Madden is as good as I've seen currently! Things here in the Basement are hot n cold Nick...but for those that I didn't run off with my meltdown on Spiderman, things are still hoppin' here...lol...it's ALL good!

Hey Mr. Levinson... my boy Josh had a field day on the O's pitching...but as we know...the dog days of summer can and usually do change everything!

[linked image] "Two beers, right here"....Joe seems like the kind of fella you'd enjoy having a beer with!

[linked image] Sweet swing...hope the Rangers pay him to stay...

Spanky
(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

May 12 2012, 8:46 AM 

Rangers finally at home whoopin' on the LA Angels after a great series in Baltimore that saw Josh Hamilton become the 4th player ever to hit 17 HR's in the first 33 games...(baseball has way to many stats huh?)....Hey Steve, Triple Crown possible? I kinda hope not as I'm a huge Yaz fan and want that record to last forever!

[linked image]

Stephen Levinson
(Login orioleboy)
UpInClass Member

May 19 2012, 8:53 PM 

Guess it's time to jinx my Birds again but the Showalter express keeps on rolling. Good pitching and power are the keys. Just wish the defense was a little better. Not buying my World Series tickets quite yet though.
Steve

Spanky
(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

May 20 2012, 12:01 PM 

Steve, the good news (for me) is those damn Yankees are in next to last. Bad news, my Red Sox are IN last. Rangers keep rockin'! Looks like the O's are a good road team...which is key. The more W's you can pile up on the road now pays off when those Dog Days of Summer come around... happy.gif

Ziggy
(Login BroadBrush)
Stewards

O's

August 11 2012, 8:34 AM 

Still don't know how they're doing it. When they lose they lose big but with the lead after 7, it's 40 something and 1, 11-2 in extra innings, 11 straight .... and I do believe they were robbed in one of those losses. Need a replacement, 'who' shows up, wins a game. Manny Machado started well, needing a double to hit for the cycle in his first 2 games. Instead, 2nd home run and as 'weird' as this season's been, to the same fan!!!! Go O's!!!!!!

Z~i~g~g~y~

Stephen Levinson
(Login orioleboy)
UpInClass Member

August 13 2012, 4:29 PM 

Thanks Ziggy! I follow them very closely (even keep statistics on them like I did when I was a kid). They are getting some good pitching from some unlikely sources. When they sent down Arrieta and Matusz, they brought up Gonzalez, Tillman and Britton. Britton was horrible, but Gonzalez and Tillman have been very good. In addition Chen is the ace, and Hunter and Hammel are also pitching OK. Their hitting was weak, but since the All Star break they are batting .258 compared to .241 before the break. Markakis is heating up and Machado has been a good adition. Overall, they are playing a bit over their head, but I think they can keep it up.
Steve

Stephen Levinson
(Login orioleboy)
UpInClass Member

August 28 2012, 12:50 PM 

Another few weeks have passed and the Birds are still flying high! Last night they won their club record 13th straight 1 run game on a 2 run homer in the 8th. That's the reason they are doing so well; winning the 1 run games. Their record could just as easily been below .500 if they weren't winning all of those games. They have been outscored by almost 50 runs but have a winning record. Reminds me of the 1960 World Series when the Yankees outscored the Pirates by a hugh margin, but lost the series, because the Pirates won a few close games even though they were blown out in the games they lost. They are getting good pitching and their bullpen is one of the best in baseball, so I'm hoping they hang in. It's been a fun ride for me this summer, finally having a team involved in the pennant race.
Steve

Ziggy
(Login BroadBrush)
Stewards

August 31 2012, 7:30 AM 

If only the new starter had performed like most of the new WHOs on their first day.

Lost track of the extra inning streak count (14+?) as well as the undefeated record when leading after the 7th, the latter I believe at least 55-0

Just please finish above .500 or have the Pirates drop below, PLEASE. Flip both of those and the O's become the worst team in professional sports (recently) with sub 500 years in a row.

Z~i~g~g~y~

Stephen Levinson
(Login orioleboy)
UpInClass Member

September 4 2012, 1:24 PM 

Things are getting interesting. I know those Yankee fans are sweating bullets!
Steve

'gooch
(Login frangooch)
UpInClass Member

September 4 2012, 2:40 PM 

Go get them damn Yankees, Steve! Lots of great stories in baseball year and the O's are one of the best. Good luck. I don't understand how they're doing it, but they sure are doing it!

Spanky
(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

September 4 2012, 4:45 PM 

Totally agree Gooch...I'm pullin' for the O's to get nasty with the Yanks...Rangers/O's would make for a fun ALCS! Then we sweep the Giants in the World Series! Then Ron Paul comes from nowhere to win in November...then Olivia Wilde sends me a text with her digits...then...

Stephen Levinson
(Login orioleboy)
UpInClass Member

Let the Games Begin

September 4 2012, 10:15 PM 

It's all tied up with one game remaining before the Yankees invade Camden Yards in the biggest series for this Oriole fan since 1997.
GO BIRDS!!!!
Steve

Spanky
(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

Send them Yanks home!

September 5 2012, 4:58 PM 

I'll be pullin' for those O's Steve/Zig...get the feeling destiny/karma could be in play here?

Stephen Levinson
(Login orioleboy)
UpInClass Member

September 21 2012, 12:17 PM 

Never thought when I first posted this, that the Birds would still be flying high in September. Opened up a 4 1/2 game lead over the Angels for the wildcard. If they can finish 8-5 in their last 13, they should be in. I'm still holding out hopes that they can win the division as the one game wildcard playoff would be too nerve racking. Their pitching over the last 40 games has been outstanding. The only reason they are where they are is their uncanny ability to win the 1 run games as well as extra inning games. Their streak of 15 extra inning wins in a row is the most since the 1949 Cleveland Indians. Even if they were 9-6 in those games they would be fighting for a playoff spot.
Hope they can keep it up for two more weeks!!!
Steve

Spanky
(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

Hey Steve/Zig...

September 23 2012, 11:51 AM 

The O's are the best story in baseball this year! Another extra inning, one run victory last night! While the Yanks pulled off a major comeback to win in what? 14? This is amazing stuff!

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index