<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

G of T vs BB

July 17 2017 at 9:16 AM

eye123  (Login eye123)
UpInClass Member

Dragons, Giants,Ice Zombies...throw in a little gratuitous sex, epic battles and a little sorcery here and there and you get some mighty fine entertainment......but I don't know, Walter White out in the desert doing a little cooking was pretty dam good too.....so...what say you... Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad......

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

elk
(Login elk-)
Stewards

Re: G of T vs BB

July 17 2017, 9:53 AM 

I'd go with GOT, probably some recency bias, but easily two of the best 3 shows in the last 10 years (along with S1 of True Detective on HBO)

spanky126
(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

July 17 2017, 9:57 AM 

I've never seen an episode of BB but Game seems to pick up right where it left off. Watching the last show from last year helped. I'm currently waiting for Ray Donovan (Showtime) to start. Best series I've followed are Deadwood (HBO), Banshee (Cinemax).

eye123
(Login eye123)
UpInClass Member

July 17 2017, 10:10 AM 

Spanky....Netflix has the complete Breaking Bad series(you tune in for the pilot, you will watch them all).....like Elk says, Breaking Bad is probably one of the best shows I've seen.....a toss with Game of Thrones...

spanky126
(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

July 17 2017, 10:14 AM 

Thanks eye, I'll have to check it out! I do like Bryan Cranston...

'shoes
(Login wshoes2)
UpInClass Member

July 17 2017, 12:20 PM 

Breaking Bad was the most consistently excellent show I have seen. It also built on itself season by season to make a coherent whole which is very tough to do. Finally it had a terrific final few episodes which wrapped the show up in a satisfying and appropriate way that fit the series, which is even tougher to do,

This message has been edited by wshoes2 on Jul 17, 2017 12:21 PM

spanky126
(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

July 17 2017, 12:39 PM 

I left out another series that was way out there called The Left Overs. The last season has ended and the last episode ever was disappointing. My favorite was called John From Cincinnati. Anyone catch that one? I'll have to check out Breaking Bad!

otis0930
(Login otis0930)
UpInClass Member

July 17 2017, 5:53 PM 

These are my must see and follow series
Breaking Bad
Shameless
Homeland
Ray Donovan
Game of Thrones

spanky126
(Login spanky126)
UpInClass Member

July 17 2017, 7:19 PM 

I have a question Bill...livin' in New Jersey, how accurate were the Sopranos? Ever seen any of those gangsters hanging around...lol...Never saw an episode of Homeland either...

otis0930
(Login otis0930)
UpInClass Member

July 18 2017, 7:33 AM 

I can't say I knew anyone who was in the "mafia"...but there were always a few guys selling things that "fell off the back of a truck".

big18741
(Login big18741)
UpInClass Member

July 18 2017, 8:33 AM 

Shameless and Ray Donovan seemed to have run their course the last season or two.
I'll still watch but they weren't quite as good compared to previous years.

Billions(going into it's 3rd season)is the best thing on Showtime.

Game of Thrones is the show on HBO I won't miss and the two best short series I've seen on there were The Night Of and
True Detective Season 1.

The Wire,Breaking Bad probably 1-2 in some order for me.

TC
(Login calabres)
UpInClass Member

July 18 2017, 3:40 PM 

S1 of True Detective...agreed...do yourself a favor and watch this...if you have not seen it already...really good.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index